Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Stressful morning.

So, I've had a winner of a morning. I was holding Liberty while talking to Becca on the hallway phone. Liberty decided she wanted down and wriggled out of my arms. She fell flat on the floor, and immediately started crying and trying to get in my lap. She wouldn't walk on it and her shoulders looked different. Of course, I'm still on the phone with Becca, and crying hysterically because I feel I've broken my dog. I get dressed in non pajama clothes and take her to the Emergency Vet because my vet is only open Wed-Sat. Just my luck, the Emergency Vet was closed...as was the one on the other side of town. I called 2 other stores that have Liberty's vet in them (she goes to the one in Petsmart). They told me that someone could see her around 2. Right. So, I'm going to go home, wrap up my dog's bleeding arm in a towel (did I mention she was bleeding?) and comfort her crying until 2? It was 11:30am. Morons. I finally took her to Becca's old vet where they still took her away from me and said they'd call me when they'd figured out what was wrong. Of course, I'm still crying at this point...no doubt looking like crazy dog mom. At least I wasn't wearing make-up...wouldn't want to look that crazy. SO...now it's 1:18...and I'm still waiting for a call. I hated having to leave her at a strange vet...when she already felt bad. At least I know that they are doing xrays and stuff. I'm hoping she just cut her leg...but who knows. I'll update later when I find out what's going on. If you believe in praying for dogs...send one over her way. :)

No comments: