Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Fun at work.

Well, I don't normally do three work days in a row. It's a little too exhausting...but somehow I am doing it. It's actually much better when two of the three days are on a weekend....normally! :) Yesterday I was so freakishly busy....and that's pretty abnormal for a Saturday. I had 4 patients..which does happen...and the tech went home sick pretty early in the day. That was the most frustrating part. I ended up not eating lunch until about 3:30pm in the afternoon. YIKES! :) It's not the most fun day I've ever had, I'll tell you! I am pretty awake today..which is good. I hate being wiped out on the second day because then I know I will have a bad third. At least all my patients are the same! :)

Other than working, I've been busy doing school work and the insane piles of laundry that have built up. Let me tell you, I HATE when laundry piles up. I usually do a couple of loads a week so I stay caught up. This time, there was none of that. I think I did 5 or 6 loads. Liberty loved it, of course, because she stayed planted in the piles of warm laundry. I also decided to do major overhaul of my clothes situation and gave up at least 15 pairs of pajamas...which is so hard for me. I love pajamas...but a lot of them were just too big. I also packed up an entire trash bag full of scrubs that don't fit. I feel really bad giving them away, but I really don't know anyone to give them to! I usually give all my clothes to the Leukemia society...at least then I know that they are selling them and the money goes to a good cause. They haven't called in quite awhile...maybe I should call them. I know I have at least 5 bags of clothes.

I've been having a really interesting, yet heartbreaking time on Myspace. I found a whole bunch of kids that I used to teach...and while it's interesting to see what they are doing now, it's heartbreaking to read their blogs and find out all their vices....foul language of the worst kind to be exact. Some drink, they all swear, and do a lot of other nasty things. It's hard for me to believe that kids that I had as precious junior highers...have turned into that. There are a couple that I am keeping in contact with...the rest, I just read their blogs and sigh.

After tomorrow, I work Wednesday and am off until the following Tuesday. Five days off! :) What will I do? I have to come to work for a couple hours on Thursday for a skills check off. Friday, Becca and I are going to see Casting Crowns. That should be fun. The remainder of the time, I'm sure will be spend finishing up my government essays. I only have a couple still to do...but my nutrition is caught up! I just have to take test one! :)

Well, I'm sure there is something here that needs doing. I'm expecting a kid from the ER soon...so hooray! :)

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

you know, if you want, i could make a quilt out of your pajamas. just pick out your favorite ones and send them my way and i'll make you a jammy quilt... just think how cozy that would be!!!