Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Do bad things always come in threes?

Another one of my "kids" died today. He was three years old. He has been sick his entire life, and I'd wager he's been in the hospital 2 of his 3 years. Please keep his family in your prayers. He was such a sweet boy, and his family has been through a lot.

I think bad things must come in threes. If this is true, than the bad must be over for awhile. I have cried over kids three times this week...two deaths and one massively awful code. There's a horrible feeling when I go to work now...I just don't know what kids are going to not be there the next day. It's a strange feeling. They always tell you not to get emotionally attached. If there's no emotional attachment, it won't be as hard when bad things happen to the kids. The thing is, that emotional attachment is what makes us good nurses! I don't like those nurses who just go in and out and treat the patients like things, and not the little precious people that they are. It's a risk I have to take in my profession, I guess. I think it's absolutely worth it. When I see these kids over and over, I start to develop relationships with them and their parents. I love that! :)

I have off tomorrow...and I didn't know that until about halfway through the day! I thought I was working today and tomorrow!! :) Happiness! I am actually working Tues/Wed, which is fine with me. It's all good! :) I got floated today, which means I won't be up again for awhile. I was ready to get it over with. It's actually better to get it done on a Sunday...not as busy.

WELL, now that I don't have to go to bed...I might just stay up all night! (or until 11. I'm pretty much a weenie)

No comments: