Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Gracie's countdown.

I guess I'm supposed to be training Liberty to run. I've tried. She's impossible. I stand at one end of the yard, with her at the other, and scream for her to come...and she either will stand there or in ultimate defiance, sit down. She's nuts. All I can say is that at least she'll look good for the parade! It's going to be hilarious.

Yesterday, my friend from the past came into town again. He's a pilot and flies the same route for a couple of weeks at at time...hence the reason he's come over so frequently. Instead of letting me fail miserably at cooking, he brought recipes so that he could cook for me! I was just happy not to have to do it! Of course, in true Stephanie fashion, I attempted to help with the vegetables and the sad little broccoli's lost the battle. They ended up being stems with no green on top. Guess I steamed them too long. After that, we went out to dinner with some of his pilot friends. They promised not to talk pilot too much...HA! Sadly, I am starting to pick up more and more of the lingo...and that's scary!

I'm working tomorrow and Thursday...then off until Monday. I'm hoping to keep my streak of liking my job going for at least a couple of weeks! I was pretty exhausted after this past weekend..but at least I was not hating it! We've been absolutely packed lately, so at least I know I shouldn't have to float. I am sad though, because my TWU student that's been with me since February is finishing up tomorrow. She's really going to be an amazing nurse, and it's exciting to see her progress. It's SO hard for me to let her do everything. Most of the time, I spend sitting on my hands and chanting to myself "let her do it!". I had a student last semester, too...and this one is infinately better. I am loving it! Now, she has to leave...and that is sad. :(

I'm starting to get excited to get out of this house. When we send our rent check this week, we're sending our notice to our landlord. That kind of seals the deal...but thankfully, we know where we are going to end up. I have to make too many decisions in the next few weeks of what to keep and what to give away. I'm afraid I'm going to be so excited to give things away that I'll be left with only my bed and some clothes! Maybe it's time to start living like an adult...with things that match? NAH!

Oliver is shredding a stick all over my bedroom floor. He and Liberty were fighting over it, but I believe she's given up that he'll put it down. She's sitting next to me, with her head tucked into the chair. He's still chewing..and choking every once in awhile. I buy the boy toys and he chooses to eat sticks. I think that's just like children! You get them a fabulous toy, and they are much happier playing with the box.

Well...Becca will be home soon..and we're going to get our toes done. I can't decide what color I should do...the possibilities are endless! :)

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

i really want to comment on something but i'm not gonna... all i have to say is tee-hee-hee-hee-hee!!! oh yeah, and did i mention that my mom has a love-interest!!!! :)