Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Maybe the beginning.....

Yesterday was SUCH a good day! It was busy and steady, but at no point in the day did I want to quit! :) That's a good thing, and a definate change from what it's been! Hooray! Maybe this is the beginning of good times. It was a wee bit loony this morning, but we got some of our nurses to come in to help...and now this day is going to go fine, too! :) Ta DA! :)

If you are EVER in Dallas...and want to go eat somewhere fabulous...go to the Grand Lux Cafe. It's in the Galleria..and well worth the money. I had this fabulous Wild Mushroom Burger, which is actually meatless. It's a bunch of mushrooms magically melded into a "burger". It's SO yummy. They also have the most fabulous appetizer in the whole WHOLE world. They are called "asian nachos". They are fried wontons with chicken, cheese, wasabi cream sauce, peanuts, and thai peanut sauce. OH MY HEAVENS. That is divinity on a plate. I could die happy after just one.

Today has been pretty good. I had a parent who I thought was so against me tell me they were so glad I was their child's nurse. I wasn't as crazy busy today, but it was still enough so I wasn't bored. I also got to talk to some of my work amigas that I haven't been able to in quite some time on account of the crazy business. It's been a good day. All my young'uns are sleeping right now...and I hope no one wakes them up for ANYTHING! :) Let the babies sleep! NEVER wake a sleeping baby! :)

I work Wednesday/Thursday this week...and then it's off to the Wiener Dog Races. I'm sure it will be broadcast on live webcam at www.budalionsclub.com. How fun is that!?! I'll have plenty of pictures...of Liberty standing at the starting line like a big goon. I'm sure she'll just stand there, refusing to move. At least everyone will have a good laugh. At last count, there were 304 doxies entered.

Next week I have jury duty. EW! I had jury duty last year! What is the deal with that? Do they just sit around going "Let's find a person to bug the crap out of". Why is not someone else's turn? I wish it was! Thankfully, I was scheduled to work, but now I get to go spend my day sitting in the jury room, anxiously awaiting whether or not I'll get called in. Last time, I was called in and apparently I didn't make a good enough choice for them. I guess I think that criminals should go to jail...SHOCKING.

I think it's weird to think that next week is MAY. Where has the time gone? I was just in Disney World...only that's almost 2 months ago! I was just at Christmas with my family...only that' like 5 months ago! Does time go faster with age? When I was little, it never went by fast. Now that I'd like it to slow down, it doesn't! I've been a nurse for almost a year and a half. NUTTY!

Well, I suppose I should go back to work now. But again, all the chillins are sleeping...so we do NOT wake them! :)

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

Ok, the burger and nachos totally sound scrumpcious!!!!