Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

COLD!

No, not the weather outside! It's supposed to be in the 80's today! I'm sitting in class today, freezing my rear off! It's HOT outside and below 60 in this classroom! I need to start bringing my own space heater.

I'm soaking up every spare minute of non work time this week. Yesterday, I did have to go into work and do skills day. This is where they set up all the equipment we are already supposed to know how to use and quiz us on it. It takes just over 2 hours, mostly because there's always that one stupid nurse who doesn't know how change a tube dressing. My personal favorite station is the defibrilator station. Now, as a cardiac nurse, I really know how to use this fabulous machine. If my child is coding, I better darn know how to shock them. BUT, it's SO important for every nurse to know how to use it because codes happen on every floor. Nurses don't know how to use it! They sit there, and flounder over how to how to even turn it on! RETARDED! THis frustrates me, because I hope that in a code situation, my child will have a nurse that actually knows how to turn the darn thing on.

Tomorrow, I have to finish a paper during the day, go to a class at work (only an hour long! EW!), and then go to Crash's house for my standing Grey's Anatomy date.
Hopefully it will be relaxing...with no stress...as I prepare for the five days of work! :) I'm going to need lots of people being sweet and encouraging in order to ward off the evil attitudes that will no doubt surface by the end of day 2!

Tonight is Teenie's graduation from puppy class! It is going to be so sweet...and I hope he behaves! He's been with Becca this week, and they've been working on his trick to show the class. He and I worked on it last week. He's going to do a spin. We got one spin down, hopefully he's going to spin around more than once. He'll do anything for meat paste. I'll make sure to take pictures of him with his mortar board on. He'll be fabulous!

Anyways, seeing how I am currently IN class, and not paying attention, I should probably get back to that. The study of old people nursing has absolutely no bearing on my job, but I guess I should maybe pay attention? NAH. No thank you! This class is horrid! Today, we got our schedules for next semester. I will have class every Thursday and will be taking 16 hours. ICK ICK and TRIPLE ICK! At least I get a month an a half off! From Nov 29 to Jan 18 is free time! Hooray!

K. I'm done here. I'm sure I'll have a frantic post around Sunday, requesting urgent happy thoughts to come my way before I hurt someone! Just keep me in mind!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are going to have a fabulous week and you'll be fine. Do you want me to bring you back anything from the Pottery barn outlet???

Stephanie said...

Oh Pottery Barn! :) Do they have those Roma wine glasses...the bigger ones? I'd love those....if they have them! GO DOUBLE DISCOUNT! :)

Jennifer said...

I will check for you if we make it there (cross your fingers)!!

Kris said...

Aren't you supposed to be paying attention in class? I guess if your grades are OK I will let you off the hook this time. :-)