Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 09, 2005

Cold snap continues.

Well, the cold is still here. Yesterday, the whole city of Dallas closed because of the ice on the roads. It really wasn't that bad, I was able to get out around noon without difficulty...but Texas drivers will panic at the very sight of frozen precipitation. It was fine to be cooped up though. I did a lot of dishes (thanks to the Pampered Chef party) and cleaned both the kitchen and the living room. I felt productive. All the school districts were off, so the restaurants and stores were filled with kids. I think everyone thought it was just a nice break.

Our Pampered Chef party went well. We had a smaller than expected turn out, mostly because it was actively sleeting the entire time....but we still had fun. I'm hoping to close the show today after I meet with the hostess. I also have to go weigh in. That is always an interesting adventure. Last week, I lost 4.6lbs. I was in shock. I did not expect that, especially after the Thanksgiving holiday. We'll see how today goes. Sometimes after a big loss, it's hard to keep the momentum going...but I've had a pretty good week! :)

The puppies are doing well. Yesterday, Sadie made some progress with her brother by playing with him for almost 10 minutes. She was chasing and eliciting the chase from him. It was hilarious! It was the first time she had acted like herself since Oliver came. Liberty eventually joined in the puppy mayhem. It was a big puppy pile. Oliver is currently running around the house with his stuffed camel in his mouth. Every once in a while, he lights on a certain area to squeak it or chew on it...but mostly a lot of running. Nutty.

Today, Becca and I are driving to Fort Worth to see Avalon. It's all the way on the west side of Fort Worth...so hooray for a late night and then working tomorrow! I actually have a really busy couple of days, even though I'm working! :) I have the concert tonight, the floor Christmas party on Saturday night, then I am working late for a friend on Sunday night. The good thing is she is staying late for me on Monday morning so I don't have to be there until 8:30 or so. Hooray for late morning! (especially since it will be my last day until I go back on Saturday! :) I don't mind this 3-4 days off in a row thing. At least I know that with working weekends, my paycheck will be much happier! :)

Well, I suppose I should get started with my day. I am STARVING because I haven't eaten yet due to my weigh in. I have no idea if it really helps. I'm off to run some errands. Wa HOO!

No comments: