Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Weekend ruckus! :)

Oh the weekend. Normally, weekends are pretty calm around here. We get admissions, we discharge people, and sometimes we have STAT orders....but it's pretty calm. This weekend, not so much. We've been running around like chickens...all of us. We've got emergency orders coming out our ears, and someone is always doing something funky on the heart monitor. It's a party in a box. I've spent most of my day in one patient's room...just hoping that he will continue breathing! That's not a great situation to be in! :) Thankfully, everyone knows how crazy it is, so everyone's helping each other.

The puppies are still doing okay. Liberty and Sadie are working at loving their brother, who seems to be getting bigger every day. He's a pig, for one thing. Loving the food and wanting to eat his and everyone else's. Two days ago, he thought Sadie wanted to share her food. He was very mistaken, evidenced by the LOUD growling and snarling that occured. Liberty plays with him more than Sadie, but they both do a good share of snarling and snapping. He's not smacking them in the face as much...but he did bite me on the cheek yesterday, leaving a nice couple of gashes. It's my war wounds. I was bugging him...but we do NOT bite faces. Oliver goes back to the doctor this week...hooray for shots! :)

This week I WILL wrap presents. I will I will I will. Okay, so I don't want to...but I'm running out of time. I also still have to buy some presents. Slacker. I only work Wednesday and Christmas eve this week...so I should have time... Who knows why I'm not inspired to wrap this year. I have plenty of beautiful paper (I'm so addicted to paper!)

I leave for my grandma's house on Saturday evening. I have to put Gracie in a kennel Friday night so I can pick her up by the hospital on Saturday night. She will hate me...but it saves me an hour of driving, and I'm all for that. I'm sure everyone will still be awake when I get to grandma's. They always are....and usually still eating! :) It's going to be an interesting year with half the group on Weight Watchers. I don't care...I will eat! It's only once a year, right? I did so well after Thanksgiving...hopefully it will carry over. I've lost 3 lbs since then, so I'm right at 67lbs total. AMAZING! I'm still in shock.

Well, I probably should be getting back to my patients. I'm sure that someone needs something!

No comments: