Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Minor improvement

Well, the good news is that I am no longer dry heaving! My stomach has decided it would rather no contort every hour or so. I am still extremely nauseated with anything I put in my mouth, but at least it stays down. I've seen a whole army of doctors, each with a theory as to the reason...

1. Surgery-my surgeon said there is "sludge" in my gallbladder. This can sometimes cause people a big enough problem with nausea and it would have to be removed. The thing I LOVE about my surgeon is that he's not anxious to take out right now. He'd rather try other things. I'm also having a lot of dizziness, which could indicate a inner ear infection. I'm on 2 meds for that. I'm also blowing IV sites left and right...not something good for someone who is completely dependent on IV fluids for hydration. I'm supposed to be getting a PICC line tonight or early tomorrow. This will allow me to have an IV that won't go bad and can have blood drawn from it. He also wants to start some "fats" or lipids, to help my energy level.

2. GI-The gastroenterologist thinks I might have some "delayed motility" which basically means my stomach doesn't empty as fast as it should. It wouldn't seem to make sense that I could still be throwing up with absolutely nothing in my stomach, but then again, I swallow spit all day long and that's what is coming up. He started me on a medication that would help my stomach empty faster. Can't tell if it's working or not.

3. Neurology-so starting about Saturday, I started having double vision. THis unnerved my surgeon, so he wanted me to have an MRI and a neurology consult. The neurologist came in today and said that I probably have a kinking of my 4th cranial nerve from all the dry heaving. He said he's seen that a lot and it's the explanation that makes the most sense.

So, all of these explanations are jumbled together and I don't even know what to make of it all anymore. I'm REALLY tired of being in this bed, but I know I wouldn't make at home without being able to drink. So, I'll just slowly work on advancing my food...and one day, I might be able to go home.

I've had lots of wonderful visitors this week and I am SO thankful. It's very VERY disheartening to be in this position, so THANK YOU to all who have come by, those who have called, and those who have prayed for me. I hope I am on the road to healing..

No comments: