Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Surviving at home

I've been home since about 9:30 on Monday night. Thank goodness for my own bed! I will say it hasn't been a very fun recovery, but when is surgery recovery fun? :) My biggest complaint is NOT my surgical wounds or my sore abdomen, but has been my jelly like legs! I was in the hospital, not moving around or getting any nutrition for a week before my surgery. All my happy leg muscles atrophied because there was a bigger need for my body to kind of "feed" off itself to get the nutrition it was lacking. Now I am paying the price for that! My pitiful legs are all tingly and don't wish to behave as they should. At least it's taking my mind off the fact that I had abdominal surgery, which is one of the more painful surgeries! :)

I've been spending the week walking around the apartment, carefully attempting to go up and down the stairs to take Liberty outside, and doing my own physical therapy to get my legs back into tip top shape before I have to go back to work. Thankfully, I had already asked for this week off to go to camp, so I am not taking off any unexpected time. It has been so amazing to see how much better I can eat now that the stinky gall bladder is gone! I was so concerned before the surgery that I would have the GB out and it would not be the reason for the constant nausea and vomiting! Thank GOODNESS that was not the case! I have been able to eat exactly what I should be eating after a gastric bypass WITHOUT NAUSEA! Hooray! I've already decided I'm never going to make it during the nauseating 1st trimester of pregnancy...or maybe I'll do really great now that I've endured a month of it!

Liberty has been quite clingy since I got home, which is understandable after not seeing me for 10 days. She always seems to be touching me in some fashion, either curled up next to me or sitting by me. I don't really mind, seeing as one of my mental breakdowns in the hospital involved not having her as a comforting factor next to me.

Anyways, that's pretty much all that's going on here. Eating. Sleeping. Exercising. :)

2 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

oh stephene, i'm so glad to hear you can eat again, there's nothing worse than being hungry and weak and thennot being able to eat cause you're just too naseaus (i still don't know how to spell that!) anyways, so glad you're doing better!

Kris said...

glad to know you are home and feeling somewhat :-) better. only happy days ahead, right?