Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 07, 2008

Updates!

Well, I did have my gall bladder out on Saturday morning. I went in about 8AM, was done around 9:30AM, and finally got out of recovery to my new room around 6PM. Isn't that ridiculous? I had many lovely visitors in the recovery room, in higher volumes than normal because there really were only 2 other people in there! It was so empty! The BEST part of the recovery room (well, except for the morphine pain pump!) was that I had the very same sweet nurse as when I had my bypass surgery in April! I had loved her so much I named my new little stomach i.e. my "pouch" after her. Her name is Betty, and she's Baylor's BEST PACU nurse! I really didn't hurt or feel anything because she was right there, meds in hand, to make me comfortable. She remembered me too!

I spent Saturday night trying to stay pain controlled. Sunday, I was all set to go home when the resident came in and said that my liver function labs were wacky and I needed to stay another day for monitoring. BLECH! SO, I stayed and was bored for another day...very thankful that Tammy was in town to entertain me. I did NOT sleep well last night, for unknown reasons. Today, my labs are still elevated, but they are improved. The resident is ready to send me home, but just has to get clearance from the attending.

I'm on a different floor than I started the week on, but it's been okay. I've had great nurses, great techs and everyone has been really nice,

All in all, with the exception of one mean nurse last week and a bunch of blown IV's, this experience at Baylor has been okay. After the dry heaving stopped, it still wasn't enjoyable, but the nurses made the time go faster. I will certainly recommend this hospital to anyone who asks@

4 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

what a whirlwind!

Kris said...

Recommending a hospital. Now that is not something I want to be in anytime soon. Glad you are doing better!

Christy said...

i am so glad the surgery went well and i hope that you are recovering and feeling much better at home!

Reeding Teacher said...

I am happy that everything went well. I can't wait to call you when we get back to San Francisco(the phone here is down). I miss you so much. Love ya lots.