Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Still crabby, but I have answers!

Okay, so the crabbiness still is present. Nothing I did today was going to take away that. BUT, I did get some answers from the doctor. So, I have "dry beriberi", which is a disorder people get from nutritional deficiencies of Vitamin B-1 or thiamine. According to Wikipedia (my favorite website!)....

"Its symptoms include weight loss, emotional disturbances, impaired sensory perception (Wernicke's encephalopathy), weakness and pain in the limbs, and periods of irregular heart rate."

Well, I certainly have emotional disturbances! :) The treatment is simple...take lots of B-1 and eat legumes, green veggies, and fruit!

Here's the frustrating thing about all of this. Since I got my GB, I have had all of the RARE complications. The chance of getting a stricture is 4%. But of course, I had one. The chance of needing your gallbladder out after GB is about 5%...which we all know how that one ended. Beriberi is also a rare complication. I am such a freak! Let's just see what other fabulously exciting complications are around the corner. I hope NONE!!!!

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

you're just giving the doctor's something to have fun with, that's all! ;)