Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

Work and other exciting news

I went back to work today. It was thankfully uneventful, but still a wee bit busy. I didn't get a chance to sit as much as I wanted, but hopefully I will tomorrow. We don't have any clinic kids so once I make my rounds, I should be good to sit.

Today, I left work a little bit early and fell asleep almost the instant I sat on the couch. I slept for about an hour and a half, missed 5 phone calls, but woke up rested and feeling better. I really do feel good, I just tire out extremely easily!

SO, for the big news...I'm moving! For those of you who know me well, your next words would probably be "again?" I've actually been at the same place for 2 years now, but am realizing a few things. First of all, gas is ridiculous and I can't afford to live this far away from my job, especially since I'm going to work 5 days a week (when I moved here, I was only working 3 days a week). Second, the road I have to take to work is a toll road. I spend over $80.00 in tolls a month, which is ridiculous! Third, when I moved to this apartment, I was able to miss the traffic going to and from work. Now I am embroiled in it on a daily basis. It takes me 30 minutes to get to work (when it used to take 20!) and normally between 45 min to an hour to get home (again, used to be 20!). I get completely stressed out and frustrated on a daily basis. Considering I already have a stressful job, I don't need to add to it.

SO, I am moving within 5 minutes of my job! This will save me so much time and headache! The rent's higher, but considering the gas/tolls I will save, it won't really make a difference. I will probably actually save money. I'll be able to come home while waiting for a transplant instead of just having to sit at the hospital knowing that Liberty and Oliver are no doubt crossing their little legs and needing to potty. I'm really excited bout this! My move date is the end of August...so keep my stress level in your prayers. I don't really like moving, but am anxiously awaiting a change.

Okay, I'm sleepy. I'm going to bed now. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lorin said...

where are you moving to? are we going to be neighbors?

also, how do you make your background so cute??

The Peacock Pearl said...

sounds like a good plan to me... i would kill to live close to dave's work. (i know, i know, we're in small town longview, but still) :)