Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I'm back! :)

I've returned! I drove back to Dallas last night and had a wonderful night's sleep in my own bed. I didn't sleep bad when I was away, but I always sleep better in my own bed! My grandma's surgery went well. It's SO hard as a medical professional to be on the patient side of the hospital. I'm used to being "in the know". This time, I knew NOTHING! :) I didn't know when they would take her to operate, or when she would get to recovery, or when the doctors would come...that's hard for me! It's especially hard since I'm one of those people who likes to have all the information in front of me and hates the unknown. I sat in the waiting room for 3 hours before I knew anything. Then I was given info. Then it was another hour before I saw her as we made our way to her room upstairs. Then I had to wait AGAIN while they checked her in. Retarded. I kept my mouth closed about my nursing degree...I didn't want to be treated any differently, or have my grandma be treated differently. I just wanted to be like any old person who doesn't know anything...and let me tell you how hard that is! :) The smallest things they were trying to "teach" me...I was thinking "I'm not retarded...I know what vital signs are!" My grandma let it slip to a couple of people, but that was okay. Mostly I stayed incognito. Grandma's at home now, with my aunt Connie...who is the furthest thing from a nurse there is...and she'll tell you that! :) They are both doing fine. Grandma slept in this morning and says she's feeling good today...hooray! I did get to bond with her during the three days we were together...I got her to watch Dancing with the Stars on Thursday night! She's so hip now! :) I even called her last night and told her the results. We were both appalled at them. ANYWAYS.

I'm back at work right now. I have two patients...already sent a patient to unplanned surgery today. It's been a busy day! :) I'm sure I'll be swamped tomorrow. I think we're already short a nurse and we have a full house right now. I am not really tired today...which is nice. I fell into bed at 9:30 last night and didn't move until I had to this morning. I'm hoping that I caught up on my sleep. I work tomorrow, and I go back to Grandma's on Monday morning. I'll be there through Thursday. I'm thinking that we'll be doing a lot of sitting around, so I already left my school books there so I'll keep busy. I'm sure that it will be SO much fun to continue the study of government and nutrition. ICK. Ah well...better do that then spend the day twiddling my thumbs! :)

Well, I'm sure there is something I must need to do...or maybe I'm just trying to figure out how to spend the rest of my day! I've already sent a kid to the OR, took another kid, taught parents how to put a tube down their child's nose...what more awaits me?! :)

No comments: