Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 15, 2006

No longer sleep deprived.

I think I have finally caught up on all my sleep. I'm not tired today at all! Ta DA! :) I did sleep fabulously last night...not even any interruptions from the ween. I'm working today...but hardly. My kids are all behaving at the moment (stress the words..at the moment) so I have time to blog. Shocking. It's only 1030 too! :) The doctors are all in rounds at the moment, so I'm sure I will have plenty to do when they get out of there. I also might get a fresh transplant patient from the ICU today...so my day has the potential to be busy. That would be okay...I'm rested. Tomorrow, I will get up early so I can beat the AM traffic and get to Grandma's. I really did enjoy my time with her...it's not often you get to be the caretaker of your family members, and thankfully, I enjoy it. It's nice to see my family rally around her and volunteer to stay with her. I think we've got someone there until the 7th of February! That's fabulous!

Apparently, Oliver has decided to be vomitsy this morning. He's throw up three times in Becca's bed, and she's already not feeling well being blessed with strep throat. Her throat is all swollen and she has white bits on her tonsils. (Oh yes...I checked!) So, him throwing up frequently is not a good way to start her morning. Thankfully, my throat feels fine...but my lungs are a wee bit worrisome. A couple days ago, I started hacking up nasty stuff myself. I REFUSE to take mucinex...cause I hate to cough. BUT...that means that the nasty bits are hanging out in my lungs....just waiting to sprout pneumonia. You know, I've had pneumonia the last two Februaries...I was hoping to avoid it this time. I don't need that nonsense. The bad thing is that the weenie antibiotics never work. The doctors always prescribe them...weak steroids and weak antibiotics...and then I'm unchanged 10 days later. :) I require the big time steroids and antibiotics. Of course, when I start taking mega steroids...I go crazy. I am always hot, always hungry, and always sweating. I'm also very easily annoyed during that time. I call it " 'Roid rage". It's not a pretty site, and I would avoid me at all costs during this time...unless you want to experience all my glory! :)

So, Becca looked up what our puppy names meant. Oliver means "peace" and Constantine means "constant". So, constant peace? Really anything but that since his arrival to our household on Nov 29. Next....Sadie means "princess" and Guinevere means "white wave". So, apparently, Booter is a princessy white wave. She's a princess all right.. :) Liberty means "freedom" (duh!) and Grace means "unmerited favor". Wow. She's free alright...and most of the time, she doesn't deserve what she gets...so I guess that works for her! My name means "Crowned one". My mom still holds to the feeling that they had no idea my hair would be red, and now I am crowned with a beautiful head of hair. Wow. Lynne means "ruddy complected" Okay...so that doesn't fit at all. But, that's okay, I guess...since it's a family name and all! :) What does your name mean? Does it fit you? Let me know in the comments!

I've decided to enter Liberty in the Weiner Dog Races in Buda, Texas this coming April. I'm sure it will be hilarious, and I have absolutely no idea how she'll do. I'm sure she'll sit there and quiver or go barking at some other dog. She's a nut bag. It will be fun, none the less. We're going to enter all the pups in the pet parade...and they get to wear costumes! :) I know our pups love to wear clothes! :)

Must go find something to do...I know the minute I say that, I'll get a page that I'm going to get a new patient or something like that. Ta DA for me! :)

No comments: