Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's 2006! It really doesn't seem like an entire year has gone by. If I sit down and think about it, it really seems to have flown. Last year at this time, I was getting ready to take my nursing boards, excited to start a new job, and finally be out of school for the first time in a long time. (I count my teaching time as being in school) Now, I've been a nurse for an entire year and getting ready to be back in school! The past week, I've been this Ebay nazi...trying to win all my textbooks for cheaper than I would have had to buy them in the bookstore or on half.com. I've succeeded too! I paid much less for all my books, and the only one I have to buy is a personalized one that the instructor does that is not available anywhere but the college bookstore. I love those...it's such a rackett!

Last night, I made the huge mistake of deciding to stay up to ring in the new year. HA! That was so smart. It was especially fun at 3:05 and 4:15 when Liberty started throwing up Nylabone. Needless to say, she doesn't get to play with that toy anymore...big dork. That brings me to the next big dork in our household....Miss Sadie Guinevere. Little Miss Psycho decided to start chewing her leg around the e-collar and pulled 2 of her sutures out. She's also given herself a rocking infection in her incision. Big dork. Now she has staples in her leg, a new e-collar, and 10 days of antibiotics. Yum for her! :) Her foot is also puffy because in an attempt to have her not chew it, I wrapped it too tight and made it swell. She's just a bundle of happy thoughts right now.

I'm loving this day. It is going by SO FAST! I looked at my watch this morning and it was 9am. Then it was 2pm. Now it's almost 5. I have no idea where the time has gone...but I'm glad that it's almost over. I'm actually getting my second wind. I don't feel tired, but I know that when I get home, I'll pass out. I have to work tomorrow, too...so I need a good night's sleep...one uninterrupted by Grace's vomiting episodes. I really felt bad for her, but at the same time, I just wanted to sleep! :)

Anyways, this has been a completely uneventful New Years.....except for all the dollars I am making. I could make lots of resolutions...but really...what's the point? :)

No comments: