Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Relaxing time off.

Well, now that I'm not spending my entire day in the bathroom, I am enjoying being at home and not at work. I've been working around the house all day...doing dishes, cleaning my room, trying to make my house presentable for company this weekend. My brother and sister in law are headed here after their New Years in Missouri. They would have been here earlier..but their car broke down 6 miles from the Texas border. They are currently headed, with a tow truck, to my Hyundai dealership. Sad for their Elantra! Well, at least I don't work the next couple of days.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. A friend of a friend just had a baby at home. He's really cute, and I've enjoyed seeing the progression of pregnancy to baby. Here's my thing. I can applaud those who are willing to have their babies at home...but I could never, EVER do it. I don't judge those who do...but I know my own heart. First of all, as a nurse, I know way too much. I think there are too many things that could go wrong and do go wrong after birth for me to risk it at home. Second, I would not want to be all nasty and issuing things in my own house. I'm sure birth is beautiful, but I don't want it all over my house. Third, and probably the most important (well, health for my child is always important...the most important), is I have absolutely no tolerance for pain. I am all about the pain meds. Bring on the epidural. I know there are women out there who would say "Oh, how dare you put yourself before your child", but what they don't know is that I am not a nice person when in pain. I would not enjoy birth. I will be a much happier person medicated. I will be able to experience the birth of my child with good memories...instead of memories of crying, pain, and more pain. It's a personal choice. Everyone has them. It's not to say that I am not open to a more natural experience with my child, but I do believe that I should take advantage of what the medical field has to offer. Believe me, I do think that there are some quack theories out there. I don't automatically trust what doctors tell me, that's why I have my own medical training. I can research and decide for myself what is true. It's everyone's choice....but I choose to keep my choices safe and carefully monitored by medical science. That's my soapbox. I have lots more about the medical field...just ask me sometime! Or feel free to comment! :) I love to debate! :)

Wow, that was a lot longer than I intended it to bed. I guess when I get something in my head, I just have to get it out. I'm very outspoken.

Oliver continues to bound around the house with unlimited energy. It doesn't even seem like he had surgery. Yesterday, he would wimper when we picked him up...not today. He's chasing his sisters like he's never seen the knife. He's crazy. Sadie gets her stitches out on Monday. All I can say is, it's about time. The little beast is driving everyone mad with her twitching and scratching. It's all about loving the poodle, but we're all ready for the stitches to be gone. I am just worried that she's still going to chew on her leg after they are gone. I don't want her leg to get any more infected. The end of the incision still looks gross because she was able to chew it for 1 day...just think what she could do unattended! It's getting harder and harder to restrain her from running and jumping. Now that she feels better, she's everywhere! The only thing stopping her now is that e-collar. Once that's off...I don't know what we'll do. Liberty is still running around, wishing she too had a collar. Maybe I should put hers on and take pictures of all of them. They'd look dumb.

Well, I guess I've shared enough wisdom...or opinion for one night. It's a hard job....but someone has to do it!!

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

birth is gross and very messy :o)...and amazing!