Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Countdown to the big day....

Well, tomorrow is FINALLY almost here. I have done everything I can do to get ready for this move. I'm hoping that tomorrow comes and goes quickly and I don't have to worry about it anymore. Actually, by this time next week, we'll be completely out of the house that air conditioning forgot....

Friday night, we moved everything that was to go to storage over to our unit in Plano. That was drama in itself. Let's just say, the company didn't take the lock off like they were supposed to and we were left with a locked unit, a van full of stuff, and a bunch of friends willing to help us unload it. Not so good. I knocked on the door of the property manager, who lives onsite, only to be met with the nastiest, meanest man I have evern encountered in real life. I proceeded to be verbally pummeled, but kept my composure and got the unit unlocked. There's a whole bunch of drama associated with that situation, but rehashing it only makes me angry.

Back to today...we're very much on target to move tomorrow. Both our bedrooms are painted (Becca's is "Promanade", a sage greeny color and mine is "Spiced Cocoa", a purply, brown, chocolatey color) and our ceiling fans are in. Our closets have shelves and bars. The Ikea furniture is assembled and waiting for clothes and mattresses. Our cable and entertainment centers are set up. Pretty much the only thing that isn't done in the house is the counter tops and sinks. There was a scandal with the company that installs them, and they won't be in until Thursday. This means we'll be brushing our teeth in the shower...and there's only one sink in the house...in Nathen and Kerrie's bathroom! :) At least we have a shower! :)

The puppies are going through their own dramas as well. Sadie's stress mechanism is shredding. She shredded a bunch of pictures and some random trash. Liberty's stress buster is pooping. She's pooped on the floor twice, even though she's been outside plenty. I've recently decided that Oliver's coping technique involves howling. He's been howling worse today than even when he was a puppy and crated. It's really pitiful. They will be spending the day at the vet. The girls are having teeth cleanings, and Oliver will be having a check up. The desk attendant at the vet called yesterday to confirm, and she was so excited they were coming. Our puppies are a hit.

I am just so ready to be out of this money pit. I'm excited to have my bedframe back...and my cable. The Mavs are playing tonight..at home..and I'm forced to check the scores online. I'm also interested to see how the puppies do with the cats. They've each met the cats, and no one really had a good experience. I'm sure they will adjust, but it won't be a fun couple of weeks.

Well, I'd better be going. I'm sure there's something that needs to be packed...or maybe I'll just save it for tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you will have a great move. Sorry I can't be there to help (NOT!)