Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Oliver VS Star

Well, it's happened. Our first big brawl. Oliver and Star decided that last night would be the night they come to terms with each other. Here's the scene. We've got a baby gate that blocks the way to Nathen and Kerrie's room so the puppies aren't tempted to sneak through the kitty door to the food. (Okay, I'll say it. So LIBERTY isn't tempted) Oliver can jump over the gate, but rarely does. Star had become brave yesterday and was sitting on the other side of the gate, just staring out. Oliver was sitting on the opposite side...just checking things out. I guess Star got REALLY brave and jumped over the gate to come and visit..or torment (not sure what!) They were then locked in a death grip until I grabbed Oliver and Star was actually still attached to him when I pulled him away. It was sad. Both creatures are fine. Star got a little poopy excited...and required a bath later. Oliver had bite marks on his wee haunch, but he's also fine. Hopefully, this was the interaction that was needed...and I'm wishing it won't happen again. Who knows!

Today has been busy, but not busy enough to make the day go faster. I feel like I've been here forever, and still it's only 11:17. YAWN. I've got good patients today, and that is always helpful! :) So far, everyone is behaving themselves! :) I'd really like them to stay that way!

I have the next two days OFF! :) I'm so happy! :) I was spoiled the last couple of weeks because I've had a lot of three and four days off in a row. Having just Friday off really wasn't enough for me. It seemed a little short. I've got some things to do around the house, now that the house is really coming together. I think there's about 10 or so random boxes that need to be unpacked...and the stuff put somewhere. We've got a few boxes of kitchen stuff...and some other random boxes. It's anyone's guess as to where it will actually end up. My guess would be our linen closet...once it is completely cleared out! I just don't think there is room in the kitchen, even with all the beautiful new cabinets! :)

I'm excited for time off...have I mentioned that? I've got a big chunk of time off in July...just trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I'd love to go visit my sister, but I'm not sure I can afford the airfare right now. Besides, it's pretty short notice...and she has to do that work thing.

Well, I guess I should get back to doing something. I'm busily blogging and reading my Cooking Light. Later, we might play My Little Pony Memory...that's a good time right there! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can come and visit whenever you want after July 13th. I will find a way to take off work time...Even if I am "sick".

Kris said...

Sounds like the fight of the century like Rocky and Apollo!

Anonymous said...

You can come visit us!! I think Michael's going to be gone the last week of July and I'll be here all alone--how sad!

Jen