Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

No freedom from chaos!

Isn't it sad that of all the freedoms we have, we don't have freedom from chaos? We absolutely should! I would have had a much happier day if it was free from chaos! I thought it was going to be a nice and easy day...but it wasn't. CRAZINESS! If it wasn't one thing...it was another. Kids in pain, kids itching, kids needing chest tubes, kids coming to the floor. ALL AT ONCE! :) I normally handle this fine, but I had a new nurse with me, and she just wasn't keeping up with my fast pace today! My fellow nurses were so helpful...but they couldn't chart for me! :( The time just flew by, and before I knew it, the day was over...but not without a lot of stress on my part. ARG! SO glad to be at home. I was supposed to go to a 4th of July party, but I was so tired, I didn't want to do anything except come home and relax. I'm such a party pooper. Anyways, so right now, I'm watching the dogs play and the Boston Pops fireworks show on TV. It's a grand old time. Meanwhile, my sister is actually at the Capitol in DC...watching the fireworks over the mall. SO jealous. I hope she's having a good time.

As you can see from the pictures, I've acquired a new friend! Jack Ryan, my parents' dachshund, is staying with me for 10 days while my parents go on vacation. He's so cute, and a wee bit rotten! He's been pretty sad without my parents, but I think he's doing better tonight. He really loves to chase and play with Oliver...so they fight and cry and throw each other around. I'm hoping they tire each other out. Currently, Oliver is mad because I won't let him play with Jack's special green bear. I know that Teenie will shred it...and then Jack wouldn't have his toy.

I'm so excited to have the next three days off. :) Tomorrow, some girls from work and I are going for drinks and hang out time that we've been planning for a couple of weeks...and has never materialized! :) (Jack is now laying in a pile of laundry. I think he's feeling at home.) So, after the girls get off work tomorrow, we'll meet down there for some fun and laughs...always laughs! :)

Well, I'd better go find out where Oliver went to...he seems to have disappeared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would that be my kid that got a pneumo yesterday? Sorry! I was all geared up to put a CT in yesterday and everything.

Jennifer said...

I want a drink!

Kris said...

Sorry you missed the party last night but Becca did indeed pat the baby/stomach for you. Hope to see you soon!