Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Blasted flu shot.

I wholeheartedly believe in the flu shot. I do not get the flu when I get the shot. The one year I got the flu, I didn't get the shot. Vaccines are good all around...but I do not want the flu. That aside, I really hate the way it makes me feel. Now, it's not even a live virus they are giving me...but I still feel like crap. When my charge nurse came to me yesterday and said they were giving all the nurses the flu shot that day, I was not happy. I tried to postpone it because it always makes me sick. I guess sick is not the correct term...more like irritable and nasty. My arm hurts so somehow that tells my body that everyone must know that it hurts and that I feel BLECH! I got this wonderous dose of life saving fluid at 8AM yesterday...and it still hurts...annoying thing.

Yesterday, I had a pretty busy day. It was just steady. I took care of a little girl that I took care of a month ago named Kayla. I love her parents, they are so sweet. Anyways, she's off to surgery today, so I won't get to see her until I come back from DC...but she's still awful cute. She's putting on weight (yeah!) and is getting chunky thighs. Today, all my kids are either scheduled to go home or go to surgery. I sent the first one out by 8:30am. Then, the other discharged kid is the one with the crazy grandparents who have been here for 12 weeks. They got to go home at noon. Let me tell you, I was so organized...I just threw them out the door and celebrated...and am still celebrating. One more exciting thing today, I got to see my precious baby Marcos! He was back for a follow up appointment, and he looks SO Good! He's getting big and it's always nice to see him. His mom is an angel! I know she loves having him home.

Tomorrow, Jen and Michael and I are going to the fair. I hope they do not want to go too early...I'd like to have resting time tomorrow. Besides, I haven't packed a blasted thing yet. Maybe I should get on that. I have a feeling that my night is going to consist of laying around, sleeping, and eating...and maybe some packing. I have no idea what the weather will turn out to be, but there is talk of rain. Fabulous. I have no rain jacket. That will be just lovely. I'm getting ready to get tickets to the Washington Monument and Holocaust Museum...things I keep forgetting to do for like 4 weeks now. I'm retarded.

Anyways, I should probably get back to work and see if anyone needs anything....that would make me a good nurse! :)

No comments: