Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

There and back again.

I love traveling. I'm always happy to come home, but I always love being in new (or old and familiar) places. Washington DC is my favorite city. It's so cheap! Okay, so maybe it's not the cheapest to stay there or fly there, but to get around on the metro....it's so cheap! Most of the museums are free...again, another cheap! :) We walked so much that today, my body is all tense because I'm not walking! Craziness. I think I might try to get a massage today to relieve the tightness. We went everywhere! It just seemed that we didn't stop moving very much. The weather was good for 2 of the days...the first day it was drizzly and cold so we went to some museums. The next day it was absolutely gorgeous...we went to the zoo and saw the pandas! :) So cute. We also did some museums and all the monuments. There was definately a lot of walking involved. Monday, we met up with Kim and Evan and did a Capitol tour with a TX senator's office, as well as the Supreme Court and some more museums. Tuesday, our last day, was cold and wet with the highs of about 48ish. It was nasty. We did the Washington Monument, which I had never been up in, and the White House and stuff. We were going to go to Arlington Cemetary...but it was WAY too cold and we were not prepared. We had little windbreakers and no gloves or hats. That would have made things a lot better. We ended up going to the fabulous mall that's right at a metro station to warm up. We didn't get home until about 10:30 last night...so tired! Puppies were so excited to see us...I think Liberty is not going to leave my side today. She's a big baby.

I go back to work tomorrow...for three days in a row. BLECH! I really don't like those, but it was necessary so I didn't have to take any time off. I haven't been there for a week, so it will be interesting to see what's going on. I hope it's not my turn to float. I really hate that. We should be getting into RSV season...so we shouldn't have to float much over the holidays.

Anyways...must get going. I have so much to do before I go back to work. YUKKY!

No comments: