Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 09, 2005

I am SO BEHIND! :)

Okay, so, I haven't blogged in like....5 days. That's some genuine craziness. It's not like I don't have a reason...there was always something to do. Work, sleeping, eating, more work...flying to Houston...and there the story begins! :)

Last Wednesday and Thursday I worked...all day long! :) I can not complain. I've been through almost 2 weeks with this attending physician and have managed to so far, stay on her good side. My patients have all been fine...and even though I was sent to another floor one of those days, I still managed to have a good work week. Each day that I work, I come away feeling more confident, and less like I have to call the floor and tell the oncoming nurse something that I forgot to tell them!

Thursday night, I hopped on a plane at Love Field, which is literally 5 minutes from work, and went to Houston for my 10 year high school reunion. Oh my heavens. Has it really been that long? I actually sat and thought about this...I was in school for almost 7 of those years. No wonder I haven't married and had a brood yet ! (SURE, that's the reason! :) ) I guess I just didn't sit down and actually think about it until I was presented with a reason to. About half my class was present for this reunion bash, and it was really nice to see them. I haven't seen any of them since I graduated, and maybe have only talked or emailed a couple of them. That's really bad. :( It's really quite interesting to see them with all their children. Most of them have at least 2 kids, with one having as many as 5. I have a dog. Just a dog. No husband, no brood...but a dog. It's all good...no worries. Sometimes, I am glad that's all I have to worry about. We all went to our high school's football game on Friday night. I actually saw my high school crush and he gave me a big hug! I was laughing inside...I really had wished that my best friend Sarah from high school had been there so I could have gone to her to tell her! No one else who was there really would have appreciated it. Saturday, we had a brunch at this old restored house in downtown Houston. It was really nice to sit and just be with my friends of the past and laugh about stuff we did. I only was with them for the last two years of high school, but thankfully, most of the stories that were told were ones I was there for!

Saturday was also an exciting day for my parents! They got a new puppy! He's black with a tan beard, eyebrows, and paws. He is SO cute! We got him from a breeder that had 4 litters of doxies...and I really wanted to take one of those puppies for myself! There was a little fiesty black and tan girl that Gracie would have loved! :) She was wiggling around and barking in the cage. The new puppy doesn't have a name yet, but my mom and I are really pushing for Jack. Isn't that cute? I think it's precious.

Now I am at work, having a rockingly fun time. I have 3 patients, all of which are supposed to go home. I have no idea what will happen after they all escape. Crazy assignment, right? You'd think that they would have figured this out last night...but obviously not. ANYWAYS.

Well, I should probably go back to work now...I'll update later if anything exciting happens! :)

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

i was wondering where you had gone!! glad your reunion was fun!!