Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 14, 2005

Busy doing not much of anything!

That pretty much describes my day. I was busy all day...but I really never seemed to accomplish anything. Strange...

I got up early, as always, and started to poke around the house. Of course, Liberty decided that she needed to be fed RIGHT THEN (much like children, I'm sure). Apparently, I starve her. I then went to donate platelets. I stopped on the way to get a milk shake. When they take your platelets (which help your blood clot), they put a clotting agent back into your blood so that your blood knows it's supposed to keep clotting until the body can replenish the platelets. This clotting agent ends up stripping your body of calcium. Without calcium, you start getting numb lips and teeth, and it can lead to lock jaw and leg cramps. I've had problems with this the last two times I donated platelets, so the man at the blood bank suggested a milk shake before I come. Otherwise, I spend the entire 2 hours eating Tums. ICK. When I got to the drive through at Steak and Shake, the guy says "Isn't it a little too early for a milk shake?" THE NERVE! None of his business.

I spent the afternoon making sure my hair wasn't crazy for the pictures tonight. I somewhat succeeded. We went to get pictures done this evening. It was the most hilarious time I've had in awhile. The girls were both so cute...even though they hated being posed in all different ways. Liberty was actually really good for most of it. I'll post some of the pics when they come back. The absolute best picture was the very last one we took. Here's the scene...white blanket, white background, and one of those sheer netty canopies that goes from a circle at the top to all flowy at the bottom. We set the girls on that and brought out the treats. If you've ever seen Gracie, you'll know that she "sits pretty" to get treats...which is really code for sitting up on her haunches with her paws out front. It's adorable. Sadie started imitating Liberty a couple months after Gracie got it down really good. Anyways, Becca and I both got treats in our hand and coaxed them to sit up. The photographer got both of the girls sitting up at the same time, facing opposite directions. It was so cute. Afterwards, when we were picking out the pictures, the photographer had me sign a release form so they could show the picture in the store and in their "magazine", whatever that means. I think it's funny that our girls will be the highlight of some display.

My friend Cat had her baby today...Katelyn Aubrey Morgan was born at 8:57AM, weighing in at 7lb, 2oz. She and mom are doing fine.

Must be off now, I've got to work the next two days. Hopefully, it will be a good couple of days!

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

Can't wait to see those pictures!