Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

So LOUD today!

My neighbors are moving. It's been a very loud day here on the ranch. They've been moving things out of their house all day long, dragging boxes and furniture down the sidewalk. I have been sitting in my room watching the drama unfold. At one point, they had things strewn all over both yards, waiting for it to be packed in the absolutely giant moving truck. It was an 18 wheeler, but they only packed up half the truck. The other half was filled with someone else's junk. Craziness. I can't imagine moving half way across the country, separated from my crap...although I know it's a possibility someday.

An amazing thing has taken place in the last two days. I have actually cooked...somewhat. Now, it's not rocket science cooking, and most of the time, there are serious consequences to my cooking. Last night, I cooked one of those dinners from Super Suppers. It was really pretty good. I don't think I did anything wrong cooking it, although the sauce was mysteriously gone. I think it evaporated away....weird. Today, I made Turkey Tenderloin and Garlic and Dill mashed potatoes. (why did I need to capitalize those words? Weird again!!) The turkey turned out fine, without any difficulty. The problem came when I attempted to place raw potatoes in boiling water. Apparently, the water wanted to splash all over me and burn my arms. Then, after they were cooked, I attempted to mash them with a tiny mixer. I didn't know you had to add liquid to them...and they proceeded to flip out everywhere. I finally got it figured out, but not without burns and dirty clothes. I am so retarded. I need serious assistance in the cooking world. Everyone else in my family can cook....I don't think I picked up that gene. Oh well. Such is life. I'll just find a man who can cook...or continue eating frozen dinners all my life.

Tonight, while we were eating, Liberty jumped up onto my chair and actually put her teeth into my mashed potatoes. She's a bold little bugger. She's getting more and more bold as the days go by.

I weighed in today...and lost a grand total of 0.2lbs. Hey, still a loss right? It doesn't really matter, as long as I lose. I did have a reunion this weekend where there was a lot of really yummy food and no care for points. Such is life.

I am currently watching Hitch. I absolutely love this movie. It's so stinking hilarious.

Anyways...must be off now.

No comments: