Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Brighter day

Today is a better day. I do feel better today for some reason. The doctor called this morning and said that all my lab results were completely normal. She really thinks it might be an equilibrium thing and a decongestant might just do the trick. I feel a wee bit less dizzy, so maybe that was the problem. Who knows. I'm supposed to hang out, taking the decongestant for a week. If I'm not better, I'm supposed to go back.

A couple of weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Factor Five Leiden. It's a blood clotting disorder that is hereditary. I'm heterozygous for the trait, which means my blood loves to clot too much and I'm 20 times as likely as the next person to clot. GREAT! Today, I talked to the doctor about how this affects me. I'm supposed to stay away from things that would increase my chances of having a clot, such as prolonged sitting and laying down (like after surgery), smoking (oh, this one will be hard!), and medicines with estrogen (like birth control and hormone replacement therapy). LOVELY! I also found out that when I'm pregnant, I'm going to have to take aspirin and probably heparin shots to prevent clotting that would cause a miscarriage. Again...LOVELY! So, not only will I have 10 children...but I'll also have to shoot myself up during all of those pregnancies! What an exciting time! I'm sure the men will be lining up after they find that out... :) Especially when they find out I'll be doing menopause without medicine. I'll be a treasure.

Aside from those exciting things, I've just been goofing off today. I went and bought some books to read. I also watched the dogs be absolutely idiotic. They are nutty. Not much else. Whoopee!

I have to work the next two days, then off for four. Hooray! I'd better do something productive...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I don't want you to clot!! A little clotting is okay, but try not to go overboard, alright? ;o) Seriously though, should you be taking a baby aspirin every day? I'm worried now.

Kris said...

I feel your pain! I am taking baby aspirin every day during this pregnancy for the same reason. Dr. says to stop taking 30 days before expected date so there is no bleeding problems during delivery. Your children will be fine and I can't wait to meet your future husband. He is going to be wonderful and understanding.