Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Comings and Goings...

Yikes! There's been a lot going on...and I haven't even had time to sit down, let alone blog about it. Let's see if I can get this in some random order in order not to confuse everyone...

On Monday, Jennifer and I went shopping! Hooray for shopping! :) It's so nice to have her in town so we can just pick up and go without worrying about her having to get back to Austin! They've done a lot of work in the apartment already because I know they hate living out of boxes. Their apartment is so big that when I came to get Jen, they didn't even hear me knocking at the door! And I was knocking hard! Sam didn't even hear me, and he would normally be barking crazily! :) It's nice for them to have so much space.

Tuesday and Wednesday were spent at work. I really feel like I just show up at work to sit there. My fabulous intern, Colette, does all the work, and rarely needs me. It's good to see someone go from that point where they feel they don't know anything to where they've started answering parent (and my) questions with confidence! Go Colette! :)

Last night, after a long day at work, we went to our favorite after work hangout to celebrate the return of my friend Amanda! She's been in Mexico, learning Spanish, for three weeks! Before that, she wasn't at work because her grandma passed away...so it's been a long time since we've been around her! :) We had a great time, and it was really wonderful to see her. She tolerates even less alcohol than I do, so we did a lot of giggling! :) It was a great time.

Nathen and Kerrie are home, and I'm sure that kitties are so happy to see them! They are not happy, however, to eat the homemade cat food that Kerrie made for them. I guess I don't understand picky eating from anyone..people or animals. In my house, you had to eat all your food. As far as animals go, Liberty eats absolutely everything, including things that aren't edible....so I have no concept of not wanting to eat. If she doesn't eat, I know she's sick...and that always scares me!

The biggest thing that's occured recently is a joint decision made by Becca and I. I think we both decided on our own that it was probably time for us to live apart. We've lived together for 4 years and had a great time, but it's just time to move on. Becca's never lived by herself and I think she's decided she's finally ready to do so. She's interested in buying a house or a townhouse. I'm not quite there at this point, I'm still not ready for the responsibility and would rather rent right now. I have no idea when this will occur...but we both came to the realization on our own, and just recently shared it with the other. Interesting, huh? The biggest concern to both of us is the puppies. Liberty has never lived by herself and she's probably going to have the biggest issue with it. I'm sure she'll poop on the floor every day for awhile. YIPPEE! :( Oliver will be the go between dog...time with sister Sadie and time with sister Liberty. Not quite sure how he'll work into it, but at least one sister will be happy at a time if both can't be.

Anyways, Kerrie and I are going to look at cakes this morning for the baby shower this weekend. I love cake! :) Other than that, not sure what I'll be doing....

2 comments:

Kris said...

I love cake too, what a coincidence! I can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!

The Peacock Pearl said...

i thought of you this weekend... ourchurch did a baked potato lunch and this one lady was cutting up the broccoli (as one of the topping choices) and when she was finishing up i walked in and saw her as she took a cutting board full of broccoli stems and even some teeny tiny florets and began to dump it into the trash!!! i thought of what your mom might say, cause i know you had to eat the stems too! i asked her how she could waste so much food and her comment was "we're doing good enough just managing to eat the flower part" and this is a mom!!! my kids don't even realize there is an option to only eat part of the broccoli!! sheesh!