Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2005

And the madness continues...

Today's been a crazy day. I woke up this afternoon pretty much rested...my second day of sleep usually doesn't go as good as the first. The puppies were so excited to get up...I guess I would be too if I had slept all night then all day for 2 days in a row. Thankfully, I will go home today, sleep for a couple of hours..then be off until Sunday night! :) Smiles all around!

Tonight has been crazy up here on the floor already. I've got 2 of the same kids from the past two nights and a third that's been post op for almost 2 weeks. Needless to say they are not a difficult assignment...just time consuming. I got off to a late start, and that always makes for fun. Then a kid's lab results came back funky and I had to call the MD and the parents and all this nonsense. The funny thing was, the dad of the little boy is a nurse, and he actually called me back about an hour after I called him with the results and read to me out of a textbook what the possible reasons for the weird results were. Isn't that bizarre? Who has this kind of time? The phone call lasted 20 minutes with him reading off these medical descriptions that were obviously meant for doctors. At the end of what I like to call "story time", he said "well, it says here there is really nothing they do for this. So I just wanted to call you and read this to you. " Yikes. Apparently, my voice must have conveyed that I cared. Blast it all! I need to work on that.

Tomorrow, my sister in law is coming to visit. Hooray! I am excited because any time I get to spend with her is fabulous...especially since I have off the next couple of days. This is also sad...because it means that it's time for Michael to leave the house and go back to Austin. It's really been fun having him there. It will be weird to have just Becca and I in the house...instead of the 2 of us and some random member of my family. I'm sure Becca's tired of the Emerson parade. The puppies will be sad, of course. Sadie, the tiny man-hoar, loves to have Michael there...Gracie just follows Sadie and looks for someone to snuggle with. They are both trollups.

Anyways....I guess I'd better get back to work. I need to find something to do for the next 7 hours. I've already given the baby that's parentless a bath...he HATED that. Maybe I'll go watch TV and wait until it's time to give my medicines. Fun night for me! :)

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

Oh Stephene, I do so enjoy these glimpses into your mind's eye. you've convinced me to do the same (hubermomof3.blogspot.com) we'll be in the Dallas/Denton area sometime in the next couple of weeks (we're going to visit the kids great-great grandmother) so maybe we can all get together. i'll let you know the specifics as soon as we figure it all out! miss ya!