Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2005

Sleep Deprived.

I have absolutely no idea which way is up right now! :) I worked all day yesterday, and really enjoyed being back on the day shift. The charge nurse gave me the option of working days or nights today, and shockingly, I chose nights. I figured I had already lost money by working yesterday...and If they didn't care...I might as well make all the money I can while it lasts! :) So, I attempted to sleep last night, but I wasn't very good at it. I kept waking up....and most of the time it was due to a brown demon named Gracie. Apparently, she was bored in the middle of the night. At one point, she was chewing on a water bottle. Then she was chewing on Sam's nylabone. I wanted to strangle her chunky little neck! At this exact moment, she's sleeping. Sad for her...I keep poking her. If I didn't get to sleep, neither should she! I'm a mean mom.

I'm really excited to take my afternoon "get ready for night shift" nap today. I'm pretty much falling asleep as I type, but I know if I go to sleep now, I won't get enough rest to sustain myself overnight. Hopefully, I won't have to float to another floor...but it's always a possibility. Now that winter is coming (and the infamous RSV season looming), we float less and less. It's usually pretty crazy. I am really hoping that we don't have retarded resident on call tonight. She's pretty ditzy...and she reminds me of a sorority girl....Not a good thing really...

I just made my very first Super Supper meal...Chicken and white bean chili. It was so fabulous! Another nurse and I went to Super Suppers on Lemmon two weeks ago and made 6 dinners a piece. It was pretty fun and we got a lot of food! I figured it was pretty hard to mess up warming up chili, so that's the one I chose to defrost first. It was a really fun place, and I recommend everyone find one and go! It's very economical...and you get so much food! It's also a time saver for those of us who are retarded in the kitchen! All you have to do is assemble it at the store (where they do all the chopping, cleaning, and arranging) and then take it home to the freezer! Fabulous! It's actually meals that aren't hard to make...but who has all those ingredients on hand at one time....not me, definately.

Well, I'd better do something productive before I go back to sleep...who knows what that will be!

No comments: