Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Falling asleep standing up!

Tonight is not going to be a good night. I slept like POO! :) I chalk this up to one very adorable, yet unknowing of the ways of the house, puppy. Poor Samuel. He just doesn't get the sleeping all day thing....and why should he? He's been thrown into a house where people eat and sleep at weird times...and he's very confused! Today, he felt the need to alert me to someone's presence at 11:20AM. I had left him in the living room because I didn't think he could handle all the sleeping in the bedroom. Of course, the barking awakened the brown and gray yappers...so we all had to get up and go potty. After that, I just left the door open so they could come and go as they pleased. This was a big mistake. Precious little Samuel decided at 3:07 that he needed to literally POUNCE on Gracie, who was curled up next to me..sleeping. Gracie did not approve of this choice and began fighting back. That was the end of the sleep time. Poor Sam, he didn't know. He's missing his mom and dad...we'll just leave it at that. Sam also decided that he and Gracie needed to be a little bit closer. Gracie was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at Becca's popsicle, when she was greeted with Sam giving her the "loving". She did not know what to do...it was really hilarious. Jennifer holds out that he did it because Gracie lured him over, but this is totally crazy because Grace was busy lusting over a popsicle. It was pretty funny.

Well, my night of work is amazingly less crazy than last night. I'm very excited about this, but wish something exciting would happen so I could stay awake. I am happy that I was not floated to another floor...which I absolutely expected. Apparently, the shining graces fell upon today's charge nurse who decided that I would remain here tonight. I am bored, though. I've already read the latest People magazine (who really cares about Britney's baby shower?), eaten 2 tomatoes, read an entire book called "Why do men have nipples?", and spent an excessive amount of time on ebay and expedia, planning vacations that I'm not taking. My life is sad! :(

I am so ready for the next 8 days off. Right now, I have big huge plans....clean out the kitchen cabinet. We have these terrifying bugs that like to fly out of there randomly. They are gross! I have no idea what they are feeding on...everything in that cabinet is closed up! Last week, they flew up my pajama pants. Scary! :(

I have a big gigantic praise and an even bigger prayer request! I have been taking care of this adorable baby named Marcos for the last 2 months. Marcos is very sick and needs a heart transplant. He has a wonderful and sweet family who have been praying non stop for a heart to come to their precious son. Yesterday, Marcos got his heart! :) :) He's apparently doing great in the ICU, off the ventilator, but he is still at a very critical place. Please pray for his heart to work well and not reject! Babies who get transplants normally do very well, and he is a very strong baby! Everyone on my floor just loves this precious little butterball and his sweet parents and 2 older sisters. Keep him in your prayers. Also keep the family that donated the heart in your prayers. Apparently, the child was here at this hospital and it gave the family great comfort to know they were giving new life to a child 8 floors up.

Well...better go back to the grindstone...or whatever it is that I am calling it! :)

No comments: