Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Back to the grindstone.

Well, I'm back at work. Having a ball! :) Actually, the first part of my shift was pretty crazy...as usual. When I got here, I was so excited because I was going to be taking care of Marcos! This is really a huge accomplishment for me. They don't give you such a "fresh" transplant until they are convinced you can handle it. I was overjoyed! That joy was short lived when I found out they were getting ready to transport him back to the ICU. My poor baby. Apparently they are concerned that he has an infection in his blood...but his new heart is okay! :) His parents are so worried. The funny thing was that the instant we started moving his crib, he stopped crying. He did NOT wish to be stationary! He didn't cry the whole way down, and he's been crying for 2 days straight! He's such a sweetheart! After I admitted him back to the unit, I was left with 1 patient. They didn't need me to take anyone else's patients at the time, so I was given the fabulous gift of updating these horrific plans of care we keep on all our kids. ARG! So annoying! I actually didn't get another patient until 10:30. Now I have 2 and I will get the next admission. Fun for me. We are actually being made to sign up for extra shifts over the next 2 weeks because we are expecting a bunch of kids from the New Orleans area. I have no idea where we are going to put them. We are pretty full already. Apparently these patient rooms were built to put 2 patients in. I have no idea how we're going to do that. We don't have enough telemetry boxes for all these kids. Are they planning to just push an extra bed in there and hope there's enough room? I have no idea. I think they were trying to get me to work extra this weekend...but I would have none of that. My family is coming into town..and I want to spend time with them...not at work. I don't really think they can force me to come in if I am at home. It's a scandal.

Now I've finally had a chance to sit down. It's a beautiful feeling.

Gracie actually behaved herself today. No eating crap...no nasty poop...no nothing. I wonder what's wrong with her! :)

I've been doing a lot of researching for my upcoming Washington DC trip. I'm very excited about it! I found out yesterday that it's pretty much a safe bet that if you want to tour the capitol or the supreme court...you need to be in line at 7:30am. I do not DO that time unless I am working! :) I decided that I would write to my senator and see if someone in his office would take us on a tour. I faxed a request yesterday, and they already called back today that they would love to take us on a tour! Hooray! :) We get to go to both the Supreme Court and the Capitol building without waiting in any lines! I love that.

Well, I'd better go sniffing around here for some fun before I fall asleep.

No comments: