Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 02, 2005

Lovin' the nightlife...

Well, maybe loving is too strong a term. Tonight I am really struggling to stay awake! I slept enough hours today, but woke up half way through because the puppies knew Grandma had food and they needed it. Angry at puppies. :) I threw them outside, then we went back to bed..without chicken from Grandma! :) I think my REM cycle was interrupted because I usually do fine when I sleep from 8:30-4...but not so much today. I think it's also that I didn't sleep very well yesterday afternoon...so I started out the three days tired. Not such a good idea.

Other than sleeping, my day was uneventful. Becca and I took the puppies on a CAR RIDE (I love to say that to Sadie...she goes manic.) to McDonalds after I woke up. I needed french fries. Liberty tried to catapault herself through the drive thru window...apparently she was very excited to be so close to all the action. She even dared to put her nose close to the window. SHAME!

I cannot wait to go home and sleep..in approximately 4 hours and 22 minutes. My bed is calling my name. It's not even that I have had a particularly crazy night. I have had 2 kids. One has slept through the whole night, only getting up to eat. The other one had a cranky spell around midnight, but other than that has slept. I have no xrays in the morning..which is fabulous. I hate waking kids up, throwing them in a wagon, and toting them downstairs, complete with all their gear. It's really bad when they have all their monitor wires plus chest tubes plus oxygen. I haven't had one that bad in awhile....my day will come. That's one of the things I hate about the night shift. From 2-5, I'm usually bored out of my mind. For the next hour, I am sitting with baited breath, waiting for radiology to call and say bring the kids. It's very frustrating. The worst part is those who don't get their xrays done. Then the day shift has to do them. As a former (and soon to be permanent) member of day shift, this is the worst way to start your day!

Right now, I've rigged the TV across from the nurse's station so I can watch HGTV while I type. Now, let me set the record straight...I do NOT like this channel. I have no interest in interior decorating or how to prepare a house to sell. I do watch it so that I have something to do while I'm at work in the wee hours of the morning. It seems that this channel plays their regular programming long after others have gone to the infamous "paid programming" IE infomercials.

Must go now. I think I need to go walk the stairs to stay awake. And just in time...HGTV has now gone to an infomercial selling something called "Light Relief" which seems to heal pain by shining light on body parts. Wow. This is really too much.

No comments: