Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Semi-well rested!

I finally feel awake! I decided to stay up yesterday instead of sleeping in order to clean. I thought that would be a better option. My house was pretty dirty, and although I know that my friends are just happy to see me, not my house, I'd rather have it not be an embarrassment. I cleaned the kitchen, living room, bathroom, and my bedroom. I needed to stay busy in order to stay awake. I actually worked straight through until about 10:30am. I knew Dana and Dave would be here about 11:30, so I needed to kill an hour. I ran some errands and tried my best to stay awake. They came about 11:15am with their brood of tiny angels! Oh my goodness..they are so cute! Sam's 3 1/2 and a little performer. More than once, he broke into song and dance. He's so cute! He's a mirror image of his dad...which is really fun to see! Micah is 2 and so funny! She decided at lunch that she absolutely had to dip her hamburger in yogurt (EW)! She got so upset until it was decided that it all went to the same place! The baby, Annabelle, is 2 months old. She's quite the little smiler! Liberty wanted so much to kiss her face, but was only allowed to sniff her hands. We went to lunch, then brought the kids back here to nap. We watched TV and did lots of talking while they napped. I have missed Dana so much! It was really good to see her and her little family.

After they left, I realized how tired I really was. I had been up at that point for 24 hours. I knew I couldn't go to bed yet, but I also was going to be absolutely worthless at my personal training session at the gym. I called and cancelled it. Becca and I went to Target ( hooray for new pajamas!) and got some food and brought it home. We watched a movie...and then I was allowed to sleep! Hooray for sleep! I slept from 9 ish to 11:25 this morning. It was a very nice sleep. Even Grace slept...which was surprising.

Today I went and saw my great aunt in the hospital. She fell and broke her ankle last week. Then I took Gracie to the vet. That's always a fun time. The guy who runs the hospital is very gay, but loves dachshunds. He absolutely loves Gracie. He has 2 dacshunds at home. We always talk about the love of doxies. Her vet, Dr. Bass...or who we call Dr Rachel, also loves the puppies. She always gives them lots of love and kisses (and puppy treats) when she sees them. Gracie got a shot in the bootie (hated it) and a vaccine up her nose (hated that more). She's pretty crabby right now...the rabies vaccine always makes her mad.

Tonight a friend is having a housewarming party. I like parties. Well, I'd better go. Things need to be done...like the rest of my laundry...FUN!

No comments: