Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 09, 2005

Only three more night shifts...

Thankfully, my night tonight started out better than it has this week. I actually had pretty calm children, only 3 patients, and they all had parents! Then, 2 of the parents left...but the kids were okay...so that made it nice. I've been steadily busy all night, which is why it's 2:33am and I'm just now typing this. Scandalous.

We have this absolutely crazy dad on the floor. He's so out of touch with reality...it's almost scary. Apparently, his child was throwing up today and he thought it was because she hadn't pooped in like 2 days. He wanted an enema for her. (what a nice dad!) Well, the resident didn't order it and the nurse kept asking and asking. Finally, they got her one...after a couple of hours. This guy at this point went psycho. He called the manager of the floor, the nursing supervisor, the president of the hospital...all because he thought his child was wronged. They did think that something might have happened to her heart, but they did a test and it all turned out okay. Nothing was wrong. So this child has no permanent damage from not getting an enema for a couple of hours. Now he's threatening to call the newspaper. He's been calling the hospital operator all night, trying to talk to the head of the medical staff, the chief cardiologist....he's crazy! Thankfully, he is not mad at nursing...so we're off the hook...but I do feel sorry for that resident. I really think he might just wait for her by the elevator and attack her. We might have to call security! I think I'll make it a point to sit at the desk in the morning...should be interesting.

I am having so many food cravings...it's ridiculous! I literally can not stop eating! I am so hungry! I know that I've been working out a lot more this week...or maybe it's that I'm PMSing...but it's something. It's really bad. Tonight we went to McDonalds and I just had to have a salad...okay so a Double Cheeseburger...but who cares, right? :) I am so horrid. I'm totally counteracting all this good working out I'm doing. Blast!

It's going to be an interesting day! A friend of mine that I haven't seen in 2 years is coming to Dallas to see her family and she's stopping by with her hubby and 3 kiddos for lunch! Well, working nights doesn't really allow for much housecleaning...so I'm going to try and do that when I get home. I'm sure I'm going to probably not be any good to anyone this afternoon...no sleep makes me crazy! They will be here around 11:30 or so...not sure when they are leaving. Then at 6, a trainer at the new gym is going to teach me how to use the machines...I'm sure I'll be a bundle of energy at that point! It doesn't matter though...cause I haven't seen Dana in 2 years..since right after the birth of her second child (my namesake...Micah LYNNE!) and now she has 3 kids! I'm such a terrible friend! I know it's not going to matter though...the minute I see her, it will be like it always is! Hooray! :)

I don't work again until Monday night...so hopefully I'll be able to get some rest this weekend. That's my current plan. I have a party to go to Saturday night, but hopefully I'll be able to lay around and rest on Saturday. I do have to take Gracie to the vet...she needs shots. I love her vet..she's so sweet and you can really tell that she loves puppies! :)

K. I think I'm done now. I'm gonna go feed one of my chillins. and then maybe curl up and take a nap. HA! :)

No comments: