Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Two more and counting...

It is so hard to believe that I am almost done with the night shift! I only have 2 more to go! Hooray! It's going to be a fun 2 though...I can already tell. Right now, I have 4 patients, and 3 of them are trying to do some crazy stuff. I'm having to keep a watchful eye. Sometimes I hate being responsible! :) Oh well, they are awful cute...so I can't despise them too much.

Tomorrow (or actually today) I get to go work out on my way home from work. It's actually a pretty insane time to go. There are so many people there, trying to squeeze that workout in before they go to work, and some of us are coming after work. Last week, both days that I went early in the am, there were a whole big group of guys playing basketball! Apparently their jobs don't start until 9 or later! :) It's pretty peaceful in the morning...it is hard finding something to watch that will keep me awake. Now that I know that I like the elliptical machine, I'm going to split up my time between it and the bike and treadmill. I figure if I can get at least 30 minutes in, I've done more than enough...especially if I end up going more than 3 times a week, which I have been. It's really nice enjoying working out again. I hope that I'm able to keep up this momentum!

At work, we have this REALLY lazy tech. She likes to spend her evenings playing on the internet, chatting with her internet lover. She gets so out of sorts when she is asked to actually do her job. The techs are supposed to do vital signs (which she does), write down how much kids eat, change their diapers, and just basically help out. She only does the first one. I just sat here and watched her chat on the internet, then get angry when the heart monitor guy paged her to go check on a kid. She huffed around, mumbling that the kid's nurse wasn't doing anything...and why did they page her! Umm....let me think....maybe because it's her job? Just a wild goose chase though... :) Now she's back to chatting with her lover (whom she's gone to Oklahoma for booty call for...EW! She told me all about it. I wanted to know none of it.) and giggling to herself. Maybe I'll have her paged, just for the fun of it...

I'm actually rather awake right now...not sure why. I didn't get much sleep.

Gracie ate an entire box of chocolate mint cookies. She's so retarded, the little beggar. I think in the last two days, she's maybe had 1 meal of dog food. The rest of the time she's been stealing crap out of the cabinet. It's partly our fault...when we leave the cabinet open, this tempts the puppies because they can reach it. We never used to have food that they could reach there before...just things like Bisquick. I'm going to move all the temptations out of there.....the mini wheats....the cookies...the wheat thins...Who knows what else they will decide looks good!

The tech just got paged again and stormed off in a huff. She's crazy.

Well...must be off now. My kids are deciding not to behave again....EEK!

No comments: