Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Busy me.

Tonight's been one of those nights where I don't ever stop moving. When I got here, I found out that I had 4 patients, and there is no tech here. This means we get to do all our own vital signs...which just takes longer. I don't mind doing them, and I actually get to spend more time with the families when I do the vital signs. I never have a problem with that! I've got some great families tonight. I like appreciative families! :)

This morning after I got off work, I went to go work out. It's always SO hard to do that. It takes every fiber in my being not to go straight home instead of stopping. I never mind once I'm there...it's just getting there that is the problem. Today, I'm not going there straight after work. I figure, I might as well just go home and get some sleep since I only get to sleep to noon or so. I'm also giving platelets today. It's really not my favorite thing to do, be strapped down in a chair for 2 hours while my body is stripped of my clotting agents. BUT...I know it's the right thing to do. I'm especially excited because the way the blood center works, if you donate platelets twice (this is my second time) than you can sign up to be on the bone marrow donor registry for free! I've never been able to do it before because I have been too fat...but not anymore! Hooray for me! I just really need to eat a lot of Tums before I go this time. The way they filter your platelets causes your body to lose calcium...and you start to have facial twitching and my teeth hurt. Not so fun if you're not prepared.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm not really having any feelings one way or another about it. I guess I don't really react to birthdays as much as others. To me, it's just another year that I'm by myself with my Gracie! :) I just accept it...I won't say that I've never been upset at a birthday...just not lately!

Well, I'd better get going. I'm sure there is something I am supposed to be doing...just not quite sure what it is! :) Happy Sept 14 to you!

No comments: