Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hurricane Drama!

My day was nothing but drama. It really wouldn't have been that bad of a day. I had the same three patients as yesterday, which always makes things easier. Patient wise...I had a great day. Everyone behaved and I didn't have any problems or situations with any of them. The drama came when we found out that we were going to be getting some of the kids from Corpus Christi that were transferred last night. Also, there were at least 70 kids on the way from Houston and Beaumont. Children's has cleared one floor of patients and is using that floor to admit all the kids that need to be admitted from these hospitals. We're pretty much busting at the seams. Even with all this news, we were doing fine. It was when we got our lecture from our manager that sent us all over the edge. We were instructed that the next time we come to work, we needed to bring a change of clothes, toiletries, sleeping bags, flashlights, and non perishable food with us to work. First of all, is there going to be someone assigned to carry all this mess? She also told us that the 1st floor might flood, the plumbing might go out, and we might have to pee in BAGS! WHAT IS THAT? I really dont' know how this hurricane will hit Dallas, but I do know that I will NOT be peeing in any bag. If I'm required to do this, I'm going home and finding a new job! :)

I had the most exciting news today! Marcos is going home TOMORROW! :) :) I am so excited for him! I went in to kiss him goodbye and his family gave me a thank you card and a picture of him. When I get the time, I'll post the picture that they gave me. It's SO cute! :) He hasn't been home since April...so it's about time! :)

Tomorrow, the puppies and I are going to my grandma's to visit her and my parents, who are evacuated there. My mom makes it seem like they are hard up over there....really. They have a queen sized bed, their own bathroom, and food. What else do they need? :) They need to see their granddog. Wish granted. We'll go tomorrow.

Well, I'm glad I don't have to be at work the next two days. Hopefully by the time I have my "disaster" shifts, I won't be needed. We'll hope for that. It's much easier to be on call when you work days. I don't really have to prepare...or sleep. I just go. If I worked overnight in a disaster shift, I'd probably fall asleep half way through. Not good for patient care.

Anyways, I hope wherever you are, you are safe and away from the hurricane...and its ensuing drama! :)

No comments: