Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Middle O' the night musings.

I absolutely hate this time of the night. It's the time when the minutes go so quickly by that I almost want to discover the way to make time go faster...RIGHT THEN! :) I just spent an hour and a half in the break room, watching what else? HGTV! Remember...only at work and only to pass the time. I don't live for it. It's been a pretty uneventful night...thankfully. Well, I guess it would be nice to have some excitement, but the last couple nights have gotten crazy right before my shift is over, and I would rather that not happen again. My precious baby Marcos is still in the ICU. They are hoping to take the breathing tube out today..so keep him in your prayers! His sisters were up here earlier...little angels. They have the biggest smiles! They love that little boy to death! :)

Today my mom is coming to visit. I think my house is a mess...but I care not. I figure, my mom knows that I'm not the cleanest person. I don't think I'll throw her into shock with a spotless house. My aunt called me at work tonight, desperate to find out what we are doing with her tomorrow. It should be interesting.

I literally am running out of clothes to wear. I cleaned out my closet and gave a lot to the Leukemia society. I'd rather give to them than Goodwill...and they just happened to call and ask for donations. I think I had 3 bags of clothes. I wish I had someone to give them to...but that looks bad "Here's the clothes that I'm not fat enough for anymore...are you fat enough?" I don't have anyone to give them to anyways. I guess I only have skinny friends...skinnier than me anyways. I need to go buy some pants...all my dress pants were huge. Blast it all. My closet consists of 3/4 scrubs and 1/4 real people clothes. If I took all the scrubs out that were too big, I would have precisely 4 tops and 1 pair of pants to wear to work. Right now, I look like a sack of potatoes. Ah well. There are worse problems I could have, right?

I only have six more night shifts...I AM SO HAPPY! I really do love the staff on nights, and I will miss working with them. They are a wild bunch. They are also critical of people who don't know how to do their job...but thankfully they have accepted me as "knowledgeable!" I am also happy because the new set of interns comes out on their own in 3 or 4 weeks. This means that I will no longer be the first to float! WHAT A HAPPY DAY! :) There are 2 girls coming onto days...and they go first. Unfortunately, we are getting ready to go to RSV season...where we end up never having an empty bed on the floor...so they probably won't have to float very much. Oh well...the staff on the floor that I float to all the time is very nice...and most of the time ask me to join them down there..but it's GI/Renal. I don't do poop. I don't like it. I like hearts...which is why I am a cardiology nurse!

I would say "maybe I should go do my job now" but I really don't have anything to do! Stinking boredom!

No comments: