Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I hurt everywhere!

Well, it's been an exciting weekend! On Saturday, my mom came into town, and she and I went over to my aunt's house for her surprise birthday celebration. It was a blast! All my aunt's friends were there...even ones that were from really far away! It really surprised her, and that's the best part. We rode in a Hummer limo (can you really get any more tacky?) and went downtown Dallas to Sambuca (fancy word for expensive food) and Nick and Sam's (another fancy term for expensive dessert). We had a really great time. The most hilarious moment was at Nick and Sam's. I went back into the restaurant to find my grandma (she's always the last one to be anywhere) to make sure she was okay. She'd already stolen a wine glass from the first restaurant, so I didn't really trust her to be alone. While I was waiting for her, I saw this waiter crouched in the corner of the bar, drinking wine straight out of the bottle. Then he put the bottle back in its hiding place and went back to work! What kind of crazy person does that!?! This was definately not the kind of restaurant that one would do something so trashy at....maybe down the street with a paper bag. Crazy man. I had a great time, but I was so tired from working the night before...I probably wasn't the greatest company.

On Sunday, my mom and I went over to Canton. That's always fun. We even took Liberty, to make it a bit more exciting. She loves to bark her fool head off at other dogs...especially those who are much bigger than her. My favorite barking incident is with a lady with 2 toy poodles. Liberty was SO annoyed at the white one, snapping and barking. She left the gray one totally alone...for those of you who don't know Sadie...she's gray. I thought it was pretty funny.

Becca and I went on a search for a new gym yesterday. We figured we might be able to get a good deal since it was Labor Day. I'm really passionate about water aerobics..so I only wanted to look at gyms that had it. 24 hour fitness didn't...so we didn't even look there. We did go to Bally's Total Fitness and LA Fitness, which is very new to the Dallas area. We went to Bally's first, and found everything we were looking for. They had great classes, water aerobics, and nice machines. The only problem was that it seemed like I was buying a car...the salesman simply did not understand that I was intending to look around. He kept saying things like "well, what would make you sign up with us right here today". I kept saying "WE WANT TO LOOK AROUND!" When we went to the other place, I fell in love with it! They just replaced all their machines with beautiful ones that have individual TV's on them. They have a pool with water aerobics and a locker room with a private women's jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room. This place also doesn't have any contracts, so you don't have to be there for any certain amount of time. We ended up picking the second place, and I don't have any regrets. I go to Curves now, and love the people there...but it's time to move on. I've gotten into a rut there...but I don't hold it against them. We ended up going back to work out yesterday afternoon...and let me tell you, I feel it everywhere. I'm one giant muscle cramp. SAD!

I go back to work tonight..for three days in a row. At the end of the week, I'll only have 1 more week of the night shift. Hooray!

Well, it's almost time for my "get ready for work" nap. Have fun today!

No comments: