Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2005

angry Angry ANGRY! :)

So, here's the situation. I'm sleeping peacefully in my bed, minding my own business...when my cell phone rang. In hindsight, I NEVER should have answered it, but in a blind and sleepy stupor, I did. It was work. Apparently, even though I said I was available for EMERGENCY shifts, they decided that it was necessary to use me because we were short staffed. This is ridiculous. They claim (and by they, I mean the nursing supervisor) that since we have kids from hurricane Rita on the floor, we are still needing disaster help. This is garbage. The charge nurse and the head charge nurse on the floor don't have any idea why this was enforced today. My idea is that someone let their own staff off and there weren't any nurses to float up here...so I got the wonderful job. BLECH! I've got a great assignment today, so I'm really not complaining. It's just frustrating to be lied to. It was good to be here today because I got to send Kendall off to surgery. Her whole family was up here, and it was good for them to see a friendly face before sending their child off to be cut on and chest cracked open. I really do love that family! :)

SO, all that to say that I am tired. I stayed up late...cause I'm retarded...and because I thought I would be sitting at home or working out on the elliptical machines right about now. Or still sleeping. Oh well, such is life. I'm sure that the manager will not be too happy when she has to pay me overtime on Saturday...a weekend....with my weekend extra money already on there. Sad for them. :) Happy for me! I just know that I will really enjoy Thursday and Friday...I only volunteered shifts for yesterday and today! No more of this! :)

ANyways. Guess that's all I have to say. I'm hiding in a corner in the back of the nurses station...like a weenie! :) I'm sure I'll have more exciting stories later! :)

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

totally a big bummer that you didn't get to sleep in. i always regret answering the phone too!