Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Cliff Jumping.

I have decided. I am going to jump off a cliff! :) This night has been an absolute disaster...and it's only 10:30pm! Yikes! The madness began bright and early when I found out I had 4 kids...we usually only have 3. This is not a problem usually...I don't mind taking on more work. It keeps me busy...little did I know how busy. One of my kids (the same one from last night actually) was alone again. The funny thing was, the parents and aunt had been here all day! They just decided to sneak out...literally. No one saw them leave, but we did hear the baby squacking! She was so angry! Her heart rate was very elevated and she was sweating like a pig! I think I'm going to have to bathe her next time she wakes up...she's pretty stinky in there. I also had to draw lab from a 14 year old...which shouldn't have been a problem. He had a really big IV..so I should have been able to pull blood out of it....but I couldn't. No such luck. I ended up having to stick him! I hate that! :( All the while...this baby is still screaming. We are short on techs tonight, so I couldn't send one of them in there. Frustrating. My personal favorite part of the whole tech fiasco was that the one tech was given about 1/2 the patients. The ironic thing was, she only had 1 of mine. That seems a big unfair to me, but I just take it in stride and do my own stinking vital signs. (not bitter...not bitter...not bitter). I finally got all my meds given, all my kids assessed, and I had taken the screamer out to the nurses station with me. She fell asleep, of course. Right at that point, the mom called and wanted to know how she was doing. Oh, the things I wish I could have said...but didn't. It's hard keeping my mouth shut sometimes. The real kicker was that my underpants were on backwards the entire time. That didn't feel good, I'll tell you. I'm finally straightened out, all kids are sleeping or at least quiet, and I am starting to warm up (this place is a cooler!).

Other than my fiasco the first couple hours at work, it's been a pretty good day. I went to the gym this morning on the way home from work. I got to watch an infomercial about the "Flavorwave" oven while I did the treadmill and bike. It really makes the time go faster. I still got home and into bed by 8:45am. Happy day! :) I slept until 4:30pm, with only one interruption by the dynamic duo who wanted to go potty. I got gas for $2.90 on the way to work! What a deal! I did have to wait in line for it...but who cares!

I only have to work one more night this week...and I am so thrilled! :) Thankfully, my "disaster" shift was cancelled...as far as I know...and I dont' have to come! :) It's a happy day! I'm supposed to call on Saturday to verify, but the charge nurse said that if the hospital is not at code "yellow", then I don't have to be here. Hooray!

Well, I guess that's all there is to report...not a lot going on here on the homefront...pretty dull actually! :)

No comments: