Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 19, 2005

Hooray for the day! :)

Oh, the beauty of the day shift. So busy, yet so worth it. I'm so excited to be back in the day time. I had 4 kids today, and was busy all day, but I didn't mind at all! I even was able to help out my fellow nurses! It was overall a nice day. I'm not as tired as I though I would be, which is always a nice thing.

So now, my brother and sister in law are doing Weight Watchers. Have I started a revolution? First my sister, then mom, then Becca, now Michael and Jennifer. Oh well, I would always recommend it to anyone...it's fabulous. Hooray for 53lbs gone! :) I weigh in tomorrow and we'll see how that goes. I don't know how birthday fun has affected it. It will be interesting! :)

Right now I am watching the Cowboy game. Becca is afraid to come in here right now. Apparently the screaming and yelling is scaring her. I've always done that with the games. When my parents had Emmitt, we used to scare him because we kept screaming "GO EMMITT RUN!" and he would be confused. When Emmitt Smith would score a touchdown, we'd throw our Emmitt into the air and give him a treat. He didn't understand it, but he loved that treat. We even had a little jersey for him that we made out of a baby t-shirt. It had glitter paint on it with a 22 and I think it actually said "go ween go". He hated that too! :) Poor thing..so sad.

Sadie and I had a barking match today. She was shrieking at the top of her lungs...and so was I. Pretty fun, I tell you. Ever tried to out-shriek a poodle? Pretty difficult! :)

Not quite sure what I'm going to be doing tomorrow. Probably laundry...since it's piling up in epic proportions in my bedroom...partly in the basket...partly in the floor. Ah well. Such is life! :)

Good news for my little friend Marcos! He got his chest tube out today and there's word that he may go home on Thursday! I'm so happy for him and his family today! I love his mom and her broken english. It's precious! She's come so far since she's been here! When she first got to the hospital 4 months ago, she spoke no English. Now we can communicate in our broken Spanglish! :)

Well, must go stop Gracie from shredding Dr. Pepper wrappers all over my bed. She's mangled the bottle...and is moving on to the paper! :) Scary!

2 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

oh stephene, what a GREAT emmitt story, you had me rolling!

natalie 1523 said...

whgy is it so long its like rreading a diery of a personslife