Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Nights be gone! :)

Well, it's my last night shift. I was hoping that it would be a fabulous walk in the park....with the same kids I have been taking care of for weeks....but someone didn't want me to go out with ease. It's been a regular picnic tonight. I have 3 kids...which is not bad. I actually have a tech tonight, so I'm not having to do my own vital signs! Hooray! :) I do have a pretty sick little boy though...who really wasn't supposed to come out of the ICU yet. Well, he's here...and just chugging along. I've spent the night chasing his blood pressure. We have this horrid senior resident tonight who is not compassionate and who never should have thought he should go into pediatrics. He's mean and unfeeling. Nasty beast. Of course, with my pretty critical kids, I've had to bug the intern a lot more than normal. She's pretty attached at the hip to the senior, which means I have to see him. EW!

The second reason that my night has gone to pot is that our senior nurse team leader and the manager are STILL HERE. It's 1:42am...they should be home and in bed. They are up here working on all these retarded care plans and nonsense. They are hounding us and walking around behind us practically watching to see us make a mistake. I wish they would lighten up. I know that moving to day shift means a lot more people watch what I'm doing, and I'm okay with that....I just like my nights to myself! :)

Today, I went to the gym and worked out with the arm and back nazi. "Drew" loves him some personal training...and for the bargain price of 55 dollars a SESSION, I can see him for 4 times a week for 3 months! No thank you! I tried to be nice and say things like "I need to see if that will work into my budget"...and that seemed to hold him. I'm tired of people trying to sell me things...cars, gym memberships, now personal training sessions. I just want to put a big sign on my forehead that says "NOT INTERESTED!" I'm not an easily convinced person, and these people keep thinking I am. It's okay, I guess...they don't know me. I could just as easily be the retard who walks in off the street uneducated and retarded. HA! :)

Well, my birthday turned out to be just not the most exciting one...but that's okay. They don't all have to be. I got up late...ate some french fries (so yummy)...worked out (birthday fun)...and came home and ate my Boston Market (another so yummy). I didn't have to work, and that was SO nice. I just relaxed. Today, besides going to visit the trainer nazi, I really didn't do much either...I think I'm developing a pattern. Tomorrow, I have things to do! Hooray for me and business! I have a baby shower and an unidentified event occurring tomorrow night. FUN! :)

Well, I'd better get going. Have fun in what you do today! :)

No comments: