Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 28, 2005

House hunting is STRESSFUL!

The vacation continues. Michael and Jennifer came back from Colorado late last night. They left this afternoon, leaving me with 1 less pup and 1 less roommate. It's weird not having a member of my family here. Oh well...I did it before, I'll do it again! So help me...I'll never go hungry again! Okay...so much for my Gone with the Wind moment. It's over now.

It's 11PM and I'm watching Emeril because I can't find the remote. I hate this show. Why does he need to scream and say "BAM" alot? This makes no sense. I'm going to have to put in a movie...this is ridiculous. Okay, the scary man is gone....now only happiness is left. I'm watching White Christmas now. I know, I know...it's still August...but we can celebrate ALL YEAR ROUND!

Today, Becca and I drove around all afternoon looking for new places to live. I don't like living in a neighborhood where my car has been broken into twice...especially since I have a new car...I don't want it messed with. It's starting to get a bit shady here, and the electric bill is enough to put me out on the street. I'll be starving and using all my money to pay for the electricity and Gracie's food. At least she can eat! :) Our search was fruitful, but then we came home and looked up all the places on an apartment rating site...not too good. Apparently, we don't have as good of taste as we'd like.

Gracie is staring at me from under the covers...with just one eye. It's a shocker that she even stopped licking the sheets to do that. She's so crazy. Tonight, we took the girls to the local park, which is right down the road. We let them off their leashes...they love that. They start bounding like gazelles. Liberty ran full force at this teeny tiny child, who I would have thought would have been terrified...but just stood there staring. I tried my best to explain (in spanish no less) that the puppy is loud but doesn't bite. That was fun.

I've got a couple of prayer requests...
1. Keep my precious baby Marcos and his new heart in your prayers. I did go see him the day after his transplant and he looked fabulous. His breathing tube was out already and he appeared to be sleeping peacefully. He's still pretty critical, and his family needs a lot of teaching on what to expect from him. He's so sweet!
2. Another kiddo from my floor...his name is Jacob. He had surgery on the 6th of July and is still in the ICU. He's not doing so great, but his mother is one of the most upbeat and prayerful people I've met. You can go to his website (www.caringbridge.com/visit/jacobmowl) and see his daily updates from his mom. She's such a prayer warrior!

I am absolutely addicted to the Sims computer game. Have you ever played this game? You get to design these fabulous houses and then put people in them. You then control their lives...every aspect, right up to when they shower and pee. It's way fun. I just recently found my copy and have been wasting many an hour playing it.

Well, I guess I should go to bed. Blast it all... :)

No comments: