Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Christmas tree and so much more...

I love Christmas decorating! It's so much fun to get those boxes out of the storage room and drag them to the house. I don't use half the decorations I have, but it's always interesting to see what I've decided is keep worthy. Becca and I decided last year to keep the lights up on the side of the house. After all, there's really no reason to take it down if we're just going to put it up again in 10 months, right? :) Anyways....sadness of all sadness, most of them didn't survive the summer. The ones that didn't survive were of course the ones on the roof. Kim put those up last year...but she's not around this year. We had to figure out how to get up there. I volunteered and bravely crawled around the edge of the roof, exchanging the crappy lights for the new ones.

We also went to get a Christmas tree today. I had decided to myself that I wanted to go cut a tree this year, instead of get one from a store. Becca had come to the same conclusion. We found one online and headed out this afternoon. The farm was close to the border of Texas and Oklahoma...so just about an hour's drive. It was actually a really cute farm. They take you to the fields and let you run around their trees with a hack saw. After quite a while, we found two we liked. We flipped a piece of bark for it and headed back to the barn. On the side of the barn, there was a little cage with a puppy in it. It was so cute and small...I had to go hold him. Needless to say, I fell in love. He was so cute! I showed him to Becca who also decided that he would just have to come home with us. If you scroll down, you can see his picture. We named him Oliver, because like Oliver Twist, he was also an orphan. Apparently he was dropped off on the side of the road, flea ridden and wormy. He was very sick, and this nice family took him in and took him to the vet. He didn't get along with their puppy, so they decided to give him away. He'll go visit Dr Rachel later this week. Dr Rachel loves puppies. I'm sure she'll love him!

The Christmas tree is decorated and lit. It's so pretty! I'll have to post a picture of it later...when I have more time. I have to work the next three days...ICK. I really despise three in a row...but I'll just have to suck it up. :)

Hope you are more than ready to start the next few weeks countdown to Christmas...I know I am!

No comments: