Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Full and happy!

Don't you just love Thanksgiving? When else is it okay to stuff yourself so full that you can't even see straight? Holidays in my family are always fun. First of all, we are always a nutty group. Now, Thanksgiving is always more tame than Christmas, but it's still fun. There's nothing more fun than sleeping in a house that's meant for about 4 or 5 people...and putting 10 or 12! It's really all about seniority in the house. If you've either aged long enough or been married long enough..that determines sleeping places. For example, my parents always have a bed. It doesn't matter who else is there...they always get one. I guess being married for 32 years, you get some bonuses. I never get a bed...that's just the way it goes. For the last couple of years, my sister and I have slept in the laundry room on an air mattress. This year, it's going to be interesting because there will be so many married couples there. Connie and I have decided to join forces and sleep in my Grandpa's office...and let the married couples fend for themselves. Even with all the creative sleeping arrangements, Kim and Evan are still going to have to sleep in the den. Oh well....again, it's all about seniority.

The second thing that makes holidays fun is the dogs. We have a lot of dogs. I have Gracie, Michael and Jen have Sam, my parents have Jack, my grandma Emerson has Heidi (another dachsy), and my aunt and uncle have 2 dachsies named Star and Banner. There are at least 4 dogs at a time at each holiday. At Christmas, there will be 5. That's a lot of puppies. Poor Sam, he's an honorary dachshund. This past weekend, Jack got to meet Gracie. It was quite the adventure. Now, Liberty is pretty wild, but Jack is manic. He loves to run around, pouncing on things that didn't exist. He also likes to share his "love" with all the dogs around him. He can't help it...he still has all his bits. He doesn't know any better. He did get popped quite a few times this weekend. Poor thing. I think Gracie is exhausted from him. They ran around chasing each other for at least an hour just this morning. At about 4:30 this morning, I heard this THUNK on the bedroom door. I didn't think anything of it. I tried to go back to sleep, but it continued. Oh, it was Jack. He'd somehow escaped out of the laundry room and was head butting the door so he could see us. I took the puppies outside and then we went back to bed. Jack wasn't so used to the "open the covers and go find a place to sleep" routine. He kept jumping all over the bed and annoying the snot out of Gracie. It was pretty hilarious. He finally got the idea and went to sleep.

I'm back at home now, and Gracie is crashed in the chair next to me. She doesn't even want to play with her toys...this is how tired she is. Big Baby. I think she misses her sister Boo. I'm not sure when Becca will be home, but I know Gracie will probably sleep until then. I might sleep until then too...shopping on Black Friday really takes it out of you. It also doesn't help that Kimberly called me before I was supposed to be awake, just to be a beast. Apparently, Michael told her to. I beat him for that.

Well, I'm going to go veg now. I haven't been doing much of that lately. I'm doing laundry at the same time...so is it really relaxing? :) Hope your thanksgiving was happy!

No comments: