Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Dumpster Divers

This weekend, everyone in our neighborhood puts the big garbage out in their front yard and anxiously awaits the bulk trash people to come and collect it. Now, before I continue my story, let me mention that my neighborhood is TOTALLY middle class. I'd even say upper middle class. There are two streets of duplexes, and the rest of the neighborhood is beautiful houses that list for anywhere from $250,000 to $450,000! It's craziness! So, this does not explain the behavior of the neighborhood when bulk trash comes out. They all sneak out of their houses, and go digging in everyone else's leftovers. It's hilarious! Earlier today, a very well dressed woman driving a Lexus stopped at our curb to peruse the merchandise. She took, of all things, a watering can, and left. This is nutty. Now, I can't talk too much because the very papizan chair I am sitting in came from someone else's discarded treasure. Becca's mom found it for us...and we replaced the cushion of course! :) It's just really funny to see people dig through other's trash when they could just as easily go buy their own.

Today, I got the wild idea that the bushes needed trimming RIGHT THEN...which they pretty much did. Now, you have to understand that normally, trimming the bushes would not be that big of a deal. I have a wee trimmer, it's electric, and quick. It's not a hassel. BUT, it becomes a problem when you realize that our Christmas lights are still in the bushes from last year. Apparently, we thought it would be easier to leave them there than to put them away. The problem comes when the ivy and the bushes grow around the lights, making it nearly impossible to remove them. I did succeed...and I even tested the lights to make sure they worked. Unfortunately, even with all our forethinking, one of the net lights on the bushes and all the icicle lights hanging from the roof don't work. How dare they stop working after hanging there for a year in the elements! I'm waiting for the fabulous Garden Ridge sale in 2 weeks..then I can replace the lights. Let me tell you, if you've never been to one of their 120 hour straight sales, then you are missing a lot! They have all these fabulous deals, and people are running around like crazy, even at 2 in the morning. Anyways....I'll get more lights then. Becca wants something else for the yard...something like a grapevine deer or an 8 foot inflatable snow globe...we'll see! :)

The weather is so odd today. It's windy and cool, but there's no rain like was promised. Earlier, there was even 30 minutes or so of sunshine...but that's gone now. I think it might have drizzled , but no good rain anyways. It was a good day to go out and trim the bushes...i guess it inspired me. Gracie spent the time outside running up and down the fence, chasing and playing with the dog that lives next door. We think her name is Meika....but we're not sure. That's what we call her anyways. Gracie loves to stick her nose under the fence to smell the other dog...and then bark and take off running. Nutty dog.

Well, I guess that's enough random business for today.

No comments: