Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Frustrating day :(

Well, as the title would suggest, this has not been a good day...and it's only 12:10pm. Sad! To start off with, I got up to go weigh in this morning. I wanted a chance to weigh in before Thanksgiving goodies. Not such a good idea, as it would happen. I gained a pound. ARG! The last two weeks I have gained and I am trying to figure out why. I think it's because I've been snacky the last two weeks, and I really need to quit it. The lady at the meeting also said I need to watch my salt intake...which I already knew but don't do. I love salt. This means I need to be SO very careful this weekend. I'm determined to lose next week, even with the holiday goodies. Keep me in your prayers...cause I need to get back on the wagon! :)

The second frustrating thing that happened this morning occurred when I was getting out of my car at home after the meeting. For those of you who don't know, my car's name is Nessie. I call Liberty that sometimes when she's sitting up on her haunches, craning her neck to the sky. She looks like the Lochness Monster...thus the nickname. I couldn't think of anything to call my car...and I'm usually pretty quick with the names. I had Liberty named the same day...and Larry, my beautiful green Neon. (May he rest in peace, on a nice farm where he can play) It don't know why it took me so long. Back to the story. I got out of my car and found that Nessie had two beautiful scratches by her gas cap, a chunk of paint missing by the tail light, and a scratched tail light. ARG AGAIN! I am almost positive it was caused by a neighbor child on a bike. I have no problems with bikes in the street, but I do have problems with children who don't admit they've done something. Poor Nessie. I got her paint fixed this morning, and the woman said "Well, we can fix the paint today, but the dent will have to wait until next week when our dent guy gets back" DENT? What dent!?! It looks like someone took a softball and slightly pressed in the panel. The lady said it's not bad and easily fixed. So frustrating. Blast it all!

Now I'm back home, seething over the horridness of my day. When you take it into perspective, it really isn't that bad, is it? No one got hurt and no one died because I gained a measly pound and had my car scratched. Sometimes, you just have to sit down and look at the big picture. I could have it a lot worse.

Gracie is outside, playing with her puppy friend next door. She's running up and down the side of the house like a crazy dog. I think she's worn out now...she's laying in the sun. I took the CUTEST picture of her and Sadie yesterday. I'll have to have Becca download it into her computer and email it to me. It's adorable.

Well, this evening, Becca and I are going to Walmart to buy things for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. I'm really excited...it's one of my favorite things to do. When I was teaching, I got a company to sponsor us and give the student council 1000 dollars to buy stuff for shoeboxes. We would go on this mammoth trip to Walmart and buy SO much stuff. It would always end up being about 800 dollars. Have you ever seen 800 dollars of little stuff? It's CRAZY!

Gracie is barking again. I think she's probably still laying down, just barking at nothing. She's a nut job.

I'm off. I work the next two days, then am off three, then on three. What a party!

No comments: