Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

November already?

I can not believe it's November. This is craziness. I think that just yesterday, my sister was getting married and my family was at the beach house. Now it's November. YIKES! :) Things continue to go well here on the homefront. Work is going well. I've got my schedule down now where I only work 2 days in a row, with usually 2 or 3 days in between. I really like this because I'm not wiped yet on the second day and I get rebound time before I start again. Three days in a row really wipes me out. I'll do it, but only if I have to.

I got a HUGE compliment to my abilities as a nurse yesterday. The clinical educator (the one who is in charge of all the new graduate nurses and nursing students) for our floor came up to me and said that she's giving me a senior nursing student to precept. I was so excited! She said that this will be good practice for me, since I'll be starting to train new graduates in January. That's even pretty big, especially since I've only been out of school almost a year. I guess they think I know what I'm talking about! I hope they are right!

Liberty is a thief. For those of you who have never been around dachshunds, they are a crafty and evil bunch. I've known many weenie dogs and they are all like this. They lie and steal. Liberty's latest endeavor was to steal two mini bags of "Maple Frosted Mini Spooners" out of the kitchen cabinet, take them to her lair, and share them with her sister. Sadie states she knew or did nothing. Unfortunately, both of them smell like maple syrup so we know this is false. It's pretty funny to see Grace when she does steal things...she tears into them like she's never EVER been fed before. Sadie's the co-conspirator...she just eats the goods. Although, if there are Wheat thins stolen, you can guarantee it was Sadie. She loves her some wheat thins.

Today, even before I walked in the door to work, I knew I was going to be floated. I hadn't gone in quite a while, and it was pretty much my turn. We only have 10 kids on the floor, and there were 7 nurses scheduled. I'm up on the Hematology/Oncology floor today. I've got really good kids, so thankfully the night charge nurse was nice to the float Cardiac nurse. We like that. :) One of the techs from my floor is up here also, so that makes it nice. At least I have someone to talk to. Everyone has been very nice and helpful, so that's always a plus.

It is supposed to get hot again and I am angry. 80's is too hot for November. I would love it to stay here in the 60's. It's beautiful outside, with only a few random clouds in the sky. The girls love it because they can sit in the sun in the mornings. They sprawl themselves out on the living room floor because it is cool and the sun is warm. They're crazy.

I have no exciting things planned the next two days off....except an insane amount of cleaning. My room and bathroom are disasters. It just snowballs.....and continues to get worse and worse. It's sad.

Well, I've run out of things to say. I'd better get back to work now...even though all my kids are in the play room. I'll find something to do! :)

No comments: