Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2005

I'm retarded!

For those of you who looked at my blog and saw random pictures of me posing, I'm not just crazy and wanting all of you to see me. That seemed kinda snotty! :) I was really posting them so that friends could see the new hairdo. I didn't know if I relayed that or not. The straightening isn't permanent...just something that my hairdresser loves to do. I love having straight hair, so I never say "Oh please, don't straighten my hair! " :) Anyways, that's the scoop on that.

I was planning to blog last night, but my day was really REALLY busy. I got home, ate my food (hooray for panda!), watched about 15 minutes of a movie, and collapsed into bed at 9:15pm. My life is so sad. I don't think that my life would be half as busy, but I still have a student with me and it really takes longer to get things done with her around. I also helped out a friend with a procedure...so that took up a chunk of time, too. I didn't even eat lunch until almost 3pm...which is very odd! Today is going much more quietly and I am very thankful for this. I'm discharging a patient and getting another one, so hopefully the time will go quickly by.

I work Wednesday and Thursday this week, which is great because it means I can still go shopping on Friday morning with my sister in law and brother! Ta DA! I love to shop the day after Thanksgiving. It's the absolute worst and best time to go. The crowds are bad, but the stores have so many staff there that the wait isn't usually too long (unless you are choosing to go to KB Toys or Toys R Us, which is SO DUMB!). We usually scour the ads on Thursday to find the place with the best give-a-ways. It's usually JCPenney's or Foleys. Last year, I found this fabulous necklace for my aunt and was able to pay next to nothing for it because I had so many discounts and then a 10 dollar gift card for waiting in line. Of course, I had to be lined up by 6:30 or so...but it was worth it! :) My mom thinks we're crazy...but that's just because she's too busy sleeping to enjoy the discounts. What usually happens is she wants to join the party around noon, when we are STARVING and really tired of shopping. We let her pay for lunch and then she shops with us the rest of the day. Needless to say, we're exhausted by about 4pm. It's a grand tradition.

Well, I'd better get going. I am expecting the ICU to call me report for my new patient any minute..we'll see how quickly that goes. ! :)

2 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

I don't think it's snotty to post pics of yourself:)
I like having straight hair too,mine is wavy and usually ticks me off,lol

Anonymous said...

It's sad that I don't get to go shopping with you on Friday, but rest assured I am dragging Evan to go with me. I know you will have a wonderful time.